St Mary School
- Education at the Saint Mary School stresses academics in a Christian format.
- Our personalized program of instruction stresses modern Catholic excellence with traditional values.
- Saint Mary School operates under the direction of the Diocese of Trenton and was reaccredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools in April 2003.
- Our mission at Saint Mary School is to assist parents in teaching their children how to live the Gospel message of Jesus Christ and to prepare them for future education by teaching essential skills.
- Our school environment fosters the development of spiritual values from a Catholic perspective through prayer, worship, instruction, example and service.
- Our goal is to offer an academic program that develops the intellectual, physical, social and emotional nature of each child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||481 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Keansburg Grades: NS-8 | 197 students
285 Carr Avenue
Keansburg, NJ 07734
(732) 787-1027 2.8 NS-8
- Keyport Grades: PK-8 | 174 students
376 Maple Place
Keyport, NJ 07735
(732) 264-2114 6 PK-8
St. Mary's has exceeded my expectations. Last year I started my daughter in Little Chief in Holmdel and after 2 weeks in I decided to pull her out. I just felt the "learn through play" method was a joke and there was no structure. I understand playing is important but so much time was wasted there. We were welcome with open arms into Mrs. Hargrove's Pre-K class Mon-Fri 800am-1200pm. In two weeks I had a new daughter. I had a daughter who developed a love for learning, and who wanted to keep working on things when she came home from school. My daughter went from scribbling to developing a real talent for art. Mrs. Hargrove sees each student as a whole and addresses all of their needs without any hesitation. My daughter wasn't always the best at befriending kids who are different from herself and Mrs. Hargrove changed that completely. My daughter only turned 4 on August 30 so I wasn't sure if I would have to repeat pre-k this year. Not with having Mrs. Hargrove...she can write her full name perfectly along with many other words without help. She knows all of her letters upper and lower case along with all of the sounds. And she is reading short books! Not only has my daughter made friends for life but I have as well. Not being from here I wasn't sure if I was ever going to find that and after 6 years of living here I finally did. The icing on the cake was we paid less money a month at St. Marys for 5 half days than we did for 3 half days at Little Chief and after seeing some of my daughter's old friends from that school she is leaps and bounds ahead of them thanks to Mrs. Hargrove.
- Posted by Parent - chris
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.