St. Matthew's Parish School
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 350 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Nov. 19 / Dec. 17
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
Nov. 19 / Dec. 17
Current tuition ranges from $17,200 in the Preschool to $34,000 in Grade 8. Financial aid and supplemental aid are available. Admission decisions are made independent of financial considerations.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Total Sports Offered
- Since its founding in 1949, St. Matthew's Parish School has consistently sought to develop and challenge the best that is in its students. To accomplish this, the school provides a challenging and traditional academic program supported by a nurturing environment. Teachers are dedicated to a view of the whole child and are thus responsive to children as people. We believe, therefore, that education works best through a program which stresses intellectual, aesthetic, and spiritual and physical development; social involvement and responsibility; and moral understanding and maturity. An integral part of the Parish of St. Matthew and the larger Episcopal community, the school stresses moral and spiritual growth while welcoming and celebrating families of all faiths. As a parish school, we not only nurture and care for each other, but the entire community values how we, the adults, treat children and how we insist children treat one another.
- We are an intentionally small Preschool-8th Grade School with 350 students on a spacious 30-acre campus. Traditional in its values and high expectations, we also possess a wonderfully creative faculty which teaches using a variety of methodologies. Challenging academics always include a network of support and caring. Fine and performing arts, physical education, and technology are an integral part of each student's life. At St. Matthew's we strive to develop not only critical thinkers but also persons of integrity; we hope for not only successful and happy children but also ones full of kindness and concern for the well being of others.
- The School`s motto - Serve Lead Flourish - states simply our desire to have each student at St. Matthew`s be a person who serves others, both within the school and the larger community. This goes beyond the formal service learning, although this is one important component, to mean often considering the needs of others before our own needs. Leadership is developed from the earliest grade levels where students are given the opportunity to work collaboratively with classmates and to take turns being in a leadership role.
Endorse St. Matthew's Parish School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Reasons Why You Might Change Schools
Here are five reasons why you might want to change schools.
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.