St Matthew's Parish School
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||350 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 19 / Dec. 17|
|Tuition Notes||Current tuition ranges from $17,200 in the Preschool to $34,000 in Grade 8. Financial aid and supplemental aid are available. Admission decisions are made independent of financial considerations.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,000|
|Admissions Director||Carinne Barker|
|Admissions Associate||Christina VanSkike|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Since its founding in 1949, St. Matthew's Parish School has consistently sought to develop and challenge the best that is in its students. To accomplish this, the school provides a challenging and traditional academic program supported by a nurturing environment. Teachers are dedicated to a view of the whole child and are thus responsive to children as people. We believe, therefore, that education works best through a program which stresses intellectual, aesthetic, and spiritual and physical development; social involvement and responsibility; and moral understanding and maturity. An integral part of the Parish of St. Matthew and the larger Episcopal community, the school stresses moral and spiritual growth while welcoming and celebrating families of all faiths. As a parish school, we not only nurture and care for each other, but the entire community values how we, the adults, treat children and how we insist children treat one another.
- We are an intentionally small Preschool-8th Grade School with 350 students on a spacious 30-acre campus. Traditional in its values and high expectations, we also possess a wonderfully creative faculty which teaches using a variety of methodologies. Challenging academics always include a network of support and caring. Fine and performing arts, physical education, and technology are an integral part of each student's life. At St. Matthew's we strive to develop not only critical thinkers but also persons of integrity; we hope for not only successful and happy children but also ones full of kindness and concern for the well being of others.
- The School`s motto - Serve Lead Flourish - states simply our desire to have each student at St. Matthew`s be a person who serves others, both within the school and the larger community. This goes beyond the formal service learning, although this is one important component, to mean often considering the needs of others before our own needs. Leadership is developed from the earliest grade levels where students are given the opportunity to work collaboratively with classmates and to take turns being in a leadership role.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Monica Grades: K-6 | 281 students
438 San Vicente Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90402
(310)451-1332 0.6 K-6
- Santa Monica Grades: PK-8 | 244 students
2015 Colorado Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)829-2775 2.5 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.