St. Matthew's Parish School incorporates five core values laid out in the Character Covenant that is signed by every student and valued by every parent: Empathy, Fairness, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
Learning to be of service to others is a vital part of our educational program, which is reflected in the School motto: Serve Lead Flourish.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 340 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 19
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Uniform for K-8
Uniform for K-8
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Current tuition ranges from $17,200 in the Preschool to $34,000 in Grade 8. Financial aid and supplemental aid are available. Admission decisions are made independent of financial considerations.
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- As an Episcopal school grounded in the values of inclusion, our community welcomes families of all faiths and cultures. St. Matthew's continues its tradition of inspiring a love of learning at every age and teaching children how to self advocate through our model of service leadership to help each child flourish to their true potential.From Preschool to 8th grade, the opportunities at St. Matthew's connect families for a lifetime. Building character in a purposeful way has been an integral part of a St. Matthew's education since its founding in 1949.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- James Kanoff - Founder of The Farmlink Project, which rescues surplus food from farmers and delivers it to food banks and families in need.
- Ali Riley - Class of 2002 American-born New Zealand professional footballer, who plays as a defender for Angel City of the American National Women’s Soccer League
- Katy Tur - MSNBC anchor, author, and broadcast journalist
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are famous alumni from St. Matthew's Parish School?
St. Matthew's Parish School famous alumni include: James Kanoff, Ali Riley and Katy Tur.
Does St. Matthew's Parish School offer a summer program?
Yes, St. Matthew's Parish School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does St. Matthew's Parish School offer?
St. Matthew's Parish School offers 8 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is St. Matthew's Parish School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Matthew's Parish School?
The application deadline for St. Matthew's Parish School is Jan. 19.
Endorse St. Matthew's Parish School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.