Village School is an independent TK-6th Grade school; our mission is to challenge each child to reach his or her full intellectual, creative, and physical potential through an integrated curriculum founded on traditional and developmental principles.
School life is designed to encourage students to become life-long learners through intellectual curiosity, discovery, and achievement.
We strive to create a diverse community that fosters mutual respect and social responsibility, enhanced by a strong partnership between home and school.
Village School wants students to be their best selves, to graduate imbued with the love of learning as well as a sense of kindness and compassion.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 249 students
- Yearly Tuition: $34,220
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(Uniform top and jacket)
(Uniform top and jacket)
Finances and Admission
Yearly Tuition Cost
- Village School is an inclusive and dynamic learning community that prepares its students for success.We engage children in a challenging academic curriculum that balances developmental and traditional principles of education and embraces a comprehensive and diverse enrichment program. Village School fosters each student's sense of self and inspires social responsibility by integrating character education into a stimulating learning environment. We value the strong connection between home and school that characterizes our community.
- Academics at Village School encourage learners to take risks, work together, and find areas of passion and expertise. We instill in our youngest learners the ethos of, "if it's not challenging, I'm not learning." This expectation extends beyond academics to include the social emotional world as well. In fact, we know that in order for students to excel they must first feel known and valued for who they are which is why we structure our program to interweave the academic and social emotional realms. We do this through collaborative projects, partnerships, and creating a culture of community of learners. Our small class size nurtures the connections between teachers and students as meaningful and deep relationships are grown. Every student and teacher brings value to the room and we welcome that diversity as it makes us all smarter, more agile in our thinking, and more able to navigate the larger world with aplomb. Whenever possible Village School links the broader world into our students` studies through relationships with other schools, institutions of higher learning, and the business world of Los Angeles community. Our goal is to create learners who move forward sagely and confidently, seeking opportunities to enact change and improve the world.
- The Village Values - caring, courage, fairness, respect, responsibility, and trust - provide a framework for the school`s approach to social learning and ethical development. These values guide students on a daily basis to independently communicate and solve problems. Using our models of Community Circles and Family Circles, as well as their daily interactions, students are empowered to cultivate their voice, develop empathy, and internalize the values that support their growth and success.
Profile last updated:
Endorse Village School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.