St Matthias Elementary School
- Saint Matthias School is an integral part of the Catholic Community of Saint Matthias which is committed to continuing the mission and message of the love of Jesus Christ through its education ministry.
- Saint Matthias School is a Catholic School dedicated to faith, caring and excellence.
- In partnership with the family, Saint Matthias School encourages the children to grow as worthwhile members of the Christian community.
- Believing that the key to successful performance and behavior is self-esteem, we are committed to developing strength of character, decision-making skills, and a mature sense of civic and Christian responsibility.
- We at Saint Matthias School, strive to witness by speech, action, and attitudes the doctrines and moral standards of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Prayer is a daily experience, either creative or traditional. Faculty and staff, principal, pastor, and parents complement each other with their unique gifts and talents.
- The Saint Matthias Community guides the children toward a personal relationship with the Lord as Father and Friend —a Lord who loves and forgives.
- Saint Matthias School strives to instill a sense of wonder, enthusiasm, and respect for learning.
- Children are introduced to ideas and experiences logically in an ever widening and challenging program.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||510 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.