St Matthias Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (732) 828-1402
- Saint Matthias School is an integral part of the Catholic Community of Saint Matthias which is committed to continuing the mission and message of the love of Jesus Christ through its education ministry.
- Saint Matthias School is a Catholic School dedicated to faith, caring and excellence.
- In partnership with the family, Saint Matthias School encourages the children to grow as worthwhile members of the Christian community.
- Believing that the key to successful performance and behavior is self-esteem, we are committed to developing strength of character, decision-making skills, and a mature sense of civic and Christian responsibility.
- We at Saint Matthias School, strive to witness by speech, action, and attitudes the doctrines and moral standards of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Prayer is a daily experience, either creative or traditional. Faculty and staff, principal, pastor, and parents complement each other with their unique gifts and talents.
- The Saint Matthias Community guides the children toward a personal relationship with the Lord as Father and Friend —a Lord who loves and forgives.
- Saint Matthias School strives to instill a sense of wonder, enthusiasm, and respect for learning.
- Children are introduced to ideas and experiences logically in an ever widening and challenging program.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||464 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
St Matthias School in Somerset, NJ is a wonderful school. My son has been here since Pre-K 4 and I could not be more impressed with the SMS community. We have had wonderful experiences with the teachers and my son is thriving. I will never forget the wonderful Pre-K program where the children performed the nativity play and the Kindergarten class learning how to print their letters. The teachers here truly care about education and the wellbeing of the students. Our middle school has wonderful teachers and even a maker space! There are many clubs and opportunities such as basketball, track, cheer and drama club. The school now is open during the pandemic which is amazing and the teachers are doing an amazing job teaching the students in person as well as virtual if that is how a family needs to attend. The school even has tuition angels for those that may need a little assistance. Best decision we made by far.
- Posted by Parent - KS
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?