St Mel School
- St. Mel Elementary School embodies the teachings, values and beliefs of the Catholic Church.
- We serve our mission by providing a compassionate, nurturing atmosphere in which students develop a solid moral character, realize their fullest potential and share their gifts with others.
- All that we do is rooted in love, the teachings of Jesus Christ, prayer and Eucharistic celebrations.
- St. Mel Elementary School recognizes that parents have the primary responsibility to educate their children.
- In partnership with them and the larger St. Mel community, the faculty and staff endeavor to develop all students' spiritual, academic, social, emotional, physical, and potential.
- Students emerge from St. Mel Elementary School well prepared for their next step as active Catholics and contributing members of their community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fair Oaks Grades: K-12 | 140 students
7736 Sunset Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916)962-3247 0.5 K-12
- Fair Oaks Grades: K-8 | 228 students
5010 Hazel Avenue
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916)967-6565 2.6 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.