St Mel School
- St. Mel Elementary School embodies the teachings, values and beliefs of the Catholic Church.
- We serve our mission by providing a compassionate, nurturing atmosphere in which students develop a solid moral character, realize their fullest potential and share their gifts with others.
- All that we do is rooted in love, the teachings of Jesus Christ, prayer and Eucharistic celebrations.
- St. Mel Elementary School recognizes that parents have the primary responsibility to educate their children.
- In partnership with them and the larger St. Mel community, the faculty and staff endeavor to develop all students' spiritual, academic, social, emotional, physical, and potential.
- Students emerge from St. Mel Elementary School well prepared for their next step as active Catholics and contributing members of their community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fair Oaks Grades: K-12 | 140 students
7736 Sunset Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916)962-3247 0.5 K-12
- Fair Oaks Grades: K-8 | 228 students
5010 Hazel Avenue
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916)967-6565 2.6 K-8
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.