St Mel School
Tel: (916) 967-2814
- St. Mel Elementary School embodies the teachings, values and beliefs of the Catholic Church.
- We serve our mission by providing a compassionate, nurturing atmosphere in which students develop a solid moral character, realize their fullest potential and share their gifts with others.
- All that we do is rooted in love, the teachings of Jesus Christ, prayer and Eucharistic celebrations.
- St. Mel Elementary School recognizes that parents have the primary responsibility to educate their children.
- In partnership with them and the larger St. Mel community, the faculty and staff endeavor to develop all students' spiritual, academic, social, emotional, physical, and potential.
- Students emerge from St. Mel Elementary School well prepared for their next step as active Catholics and contributing members of their community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fair Oaks Grades: PK-12 | 101 students
7736 Sunset Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916) 962-3247 0.5 PK-12
- Fair Oaks Grades: K-8 | 228 students
5010 Hazel Avenue
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916) 967-6565 2.6 K-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?