St. Michael Lutheran School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Saint Michael Lutheran School is a nonpublic parochial PreK3-8 coeducational Lutheran school, offering a challenging academic curriculum in a warm, loving setting.
- We are located in Fort Myers, Florida. With an exceptional teaching staff and state of the art facilities we provide a unique setting for learning.
- Saint Michael now offers full-time, quality care for infants-3 year olds at Little Saints Early Learning Center on the school's campus. Educational summer programs are also available, along with extended care options throughout the school year for children PreK3-8th grade. Contact us to schedule a personal tour today!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning DifferencesDyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999|
|Total Students||457 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid through FACTS|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Kati Miser|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Cub Scouts, Mission Society, National Junior Honor Society, Odyssey of the Mind, Safety Patrol, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama, Private Instrumental Lessons
- Saint Michael Lutheran School has served the greater Fort Myers community since 1956, educating students for life. here and for eternity! Saint Michael Lutheran School is a nonpublic Pre-K 3 year old, through eighth grade coeducational school, whose mission is to educate children, and to touch families' lives with the love of Jesus Christ.
- As an accredited 'Blue Ribbon' school, our student achievement ranks among the nation's top Pre-K to 8 schools. We provide state-of-the-art curriculum and teaching methods without sacrificing the tested and proven approach to education. Saint Michael is focused on 'Cutting Edge' programs such as Accelerated Reading, Accelerated Math, and early Literacy Skills programs! Our curriculum utilizes technology, fine arts, individual enrichment, Odyssey of the Mind co-curriculars, and athletic competition. Our goal is to provide an education that possesses academic excellence, spiritual depth, and moral integrity, enabling each child to develop in a safe, and nurturing environment.
- Call now to make an admissions appointment to visit our campus, and experience Saint Michael in action!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Myers Grades: PK-8 | 628 students
2055 Heitman St
Fort Myers, FL 33901
(239)334-7707 2 PK-8
My children have been attending St. Michael for the past 5 years. We first enrolled them in the Little Saints program (daycare) and continued them into the school. St. Michael is a fantastic school that offers small class sizes, dedicated teachers that go above and beyond, and a great education that all works in a family-like environment. The course work is challenging and the athletics is top notch. Overall, we are very please with St. Michael and the education that our children are getting.
- Posted by Parent - kayla
St. Michael Lutheran School is providing a great education for all three of my children. The teachers are friendly, approachable and make the time to address any questions we may have. It is a great education, great christian teachings and most of all it is like a family.
- Posted by Parent - splau
I have had both of my children (currently ages 7&10 at St. Michael since pre-K3. It has been a wonderful experience from an academic and spiritual standpoint. The school provides an excellent foundation for learning and also provides an opportunity for students who wish to advance their learning opportunities even more. My older child plays JV soccer and has had the opportunity of learning how to play saxophone in the school band (required during 4th and 5th grade). Art and computer classes further enhance their education. Google classroom is routinely used in 5th grade. This helps prepare the children for the technical demands of high school and college. Finally, I love the collegial atmosphere amongst both students, faculty, and parents.
- Posted by Parent - Ecosm
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.