St Michaels Academy
Tel: (413) 782-5246
St Michaels Academy Photo #2 - St. Michael's Academy welcomes students from all religious and cultural backgrounds.
- St. Michael's Academy is a premier academic institution for students in preschool through eighth grade.
- As the largest Catholic elementary school in western Massachusetts, we are widely recognized for our distinguished and nurturing faculty, faith-centered learning environment, challenging academics and close community.
- We inspire young minds and hearts, empowering students for lives of wisdom, service and leadership.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||461 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students are required to wear the St. Michael)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||PreK tuition is $5,700 for 5 days, $4,000 for 3 days and $2,940 for 2 day program|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nancy A. Coley|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Chess Club, Community Service Projects, Girls On The Run, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council (Middle School)
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus - grade 4, Drumming program - grade 3, Middle Level Choir, Violin Lessons - Grade 2
- St. Michael`s Academy is the largest Catholic elementary school in western Massachusetts and provides a well-rounded educational experience that addresses the "whole" student, from preschoolers through eighth grade. The culturally diverse student population represents families from a variety of religious and economic backgrounds who are encouraged to share their traditions and customs. The school philosophy is one of inclusion; every child is deserving of a high quality education in a safe and caring environment. Our dedicated staff form a partnership with parents to challenge each student to be the best they can be, both spiritually and academically. These lessons extend beyond the classroom and result in the development of strong morals, respect for themselves and others and the value of community service. Most importantly, faith formation is the cornerstone of St. Michael`s Academy and supports the development of character, integrity and success. A St. Michael's Academy student graduates with a solid foundation for future sucess both academically and in life.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Longmeadow Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
56 Hopkins Pl
Longmeadow, MA 01106
(413) 567-0907 3.3 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?