St. Patrick Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- St. Pat`s has a long tradition of providing a formative education to children in North Tacoma.
- What was started by the Tacoma Dominican Sisters in 1893 is now a pre-kindergarten through 8th grade community (primary through middle school) staffed by committed teachers with specialties in literacy, music, art and physical education as well as Spanish and technology.
- St. Pat`s has maintained the original mission of the Dominican Sisters - to provide a quality Catholic education in order to nourish the faith life of our students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||381 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants plaid jumpers/skirts and white shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,450|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition based on grade level and Parishioner Status. In-parish tuition for K-8 is $5725 for 16/17.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Chris Gavin|
|Admissions Associate||Heather Maher|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Spanish Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Studio, Choir, Spring Musical
- A Message from the Principal
- Welcome to Saint Patrick Catholic School. Together with Saint Patrick Catholic Church, we pride ourselves in being a welcoming community with active parent and parishioner participation.We are a faith-filled Catholic community that embraces our Catholic heritage as integral to our mission.We are an academically rich community that nurtures students while pursuing academic excellence through our challenging programs and devoted teachers. We are a loving and compassionate community that values honesty, respect, and service to others. St. Pat`s has a long tradition of providing a formative education to the children in North Tacoma. What was started by the Tacoma Dominican Sisters over 120 years ago is now a pre-kindergarten through 8th grade community (primary through middle school) staffed by committed teachers with specialties in literacy, music, art and physical education as well as Spanish and technology. There is a breadth and depth to our curriculum that builds on preceding years ultimately preparing students for entry into college-prep high schools. We want our students to be formed with a strong Christian faith by adults who nurture their souls.The St. Pat`s community is devoted to our students to help them develop into active Christians, active learners, effective communicators and responsible citizens.We welcome people of all faiths to join us or partner with us for the Greater Glory of God.
- Come for a tour to find out more.
- Chris Gavin
Profile last updated: 02/04/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PuyallupGrades: NS-8 | 456 students
504 2nd Street Sw
Puyallup, WA 98371
- Federal WayGrades: KG-8 | 284 students
30527 8th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
- TacomaGrades: PK-8 | 532 students
7112 S 12th St
Tacoma, WA 98465
- LakewoodGrades: PK-8 | 236 students
5621 108th St SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
- TacomaGrades: NS-12 | 532 students
827 N Tacoma Ave
Tacoma, WA 98403
GREAT GREAT GREAT SCHOOL. Sending my kids to Saint Patrick has been the best decision my wife and I could make for their education. There is a commitment at St. Pat's to the kids, their future that resonates from the Staff, Teachers, Parent community and the Parish that you just don't feel anywhere else. The Recruiting and hiring of Chris Gavin as Principal a well respected Principal from Bellermine. The Constant improvement in technology. Adding Ipads and Chromebooks for student use. The Active Parent Community that sponsors fun family type events and even some needed parent only events through out the year. most of all the Teachers... The small class size is one reason but the real reason is the TEACHERS .. they really care about your childs development and not just test scores. You would be challenged to find the level of commitment other schools at EVERY grade level. Again best decision we made for our kids and now that school is out they are already talking about fall reinforces the decision we made was the right one.
- Posted by Parent - dougj
St. Patrick School is virtual "diamond in the rough" in Tacoma. There is no stronger private school in Pierce County when it comes to education which includes only the highest caliber of teachers as well as parental support. If you are looking for a place where your child will receive a well-rounded, faith-filled (but not over the top) education in Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, you will find no better school than St. Pat's!
- Posted by Parent - smorg
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.