St Philip Preparatory School
- Saint Philip the Apostle School believes that the total integration of religious faith and values in the academic and learning process helps bring about the character of our school community as one dedicated to the teaching of the whole person.
- Therefore, we pledge that St. Philip the Apostle School is a Catholic community dedicated to creating an environment that fosters the spiritual, mental, and social growth of each child.
- The administration, faculty, staff and students will nurture a loving community inspired by Gospel teaching and the example of Jesus Christ.
- Through a diversity of curriculum and culture, the students will discover their unique talents and recognize them as gifts from God to be joyfully shared in the service of the Church and society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nutley Grades: PK-8 | 325 students
24 Brookline Ave
Nutley, NJ 07110
(973) 667-2049 4.6 PK-8
- Paramus Grades: PK-8 | 249 students
222 Farview Ave
Paramus, NJ 07652
(201) 262-6067 7.7 PK-8
- Clifton Grades: PK-8 | 157 students
37 Speer Ave
Clifton, NJ 07013
(973) 773-8090 2.5 PK-8
- Bloomfield Grades: NS-8 | 272 students
50 Byrd Ave
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(973) 338-8505 2.9 NS-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.