St Raphael Elementary School
- St. Raphael Elementary School is a Catholic Grade School (K-8) Located In Morningside, A Neighborhood Just A Few Miles East Of Downtown Pittsburgh.
- Our Teachers And Staff Are Committed To Academic Excellence And Strive To Enrich The Cultural Lives Of Our Students While Respecting Their Individual Differences.
- The Life's Breath Of Our School Community Is Religious Formation, Which, Regardless Of Denomination, Provides Our Children With A Foundation Of Values That Will Last A Lifetime.
- St. Raphael Is Dedicated To Consciously Nurturing Every Student's Faith Through Instruction And Example In A Challenging, Safe, Disciplined, And Respectful Environment.
- Sound Educational Principles Provide The Academic Experiences That Speak To The Individual Needs Of Each Child.
- Our Students Are Encouraged To Use Their God-given Gifts. Parents, Faculty, And Staff Work As A Team To Help Our Children Develop A Fundamental Respect For All People, Cultures, And Heritages.
- Together, We Uphold The Vitures That Are Core To A Spirit-filled Community Justice, Peace, And Reverence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||187 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Grades: PK-8 | 25 students
1112 N Negley Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
(412)361-7733 0.3 PK-8
- Pittsburgh Grades: 7-12 | 89 students
437 Turrett St
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
(412)954-0018 1.5 7-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.