St. Thomas' Episcopal School
- Since 1955, Saint Thomas' Episcopal School (STE) has formed honorable men and women through a classical education grounded in a Christ-centered world view.
- STE is a college preparatory day school serving 600 students.
- Our campus is located in the Meyerland area of southwest Houston.
- Saint Thomas` Episcopal students have won recent state championships in swimming, cross country, orchestra, yearbook, soccer, and drum line, and in a typical year 100% of our graduates go to four year colleges and universities.
- We also offer a world renowned Scottish Arts program that includes Highland dance, piping, and drumming.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||611 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||112 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,900|
|Tuition Notes||$14,900 for K-5th $16,775 6th-8th $18,730 9th-12th $12,950 7th-12th|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Danny Kahalley|
|Admissions Associate||Gretchen Hesse|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Saint Thomas` Episcopal School students carry their STE experiences with them through the rest of their lives, so we aim to cultivate a truly outstanding environment through exceptional academics, outstanding fine arts offerings and engaging athletic programs. As a private, Pre-K through 12 college preparatory school founded on Christian values, we believe in nurturing the mind and spirit of our students through classical and Christ-centered instruction. With a focus on personal instruction and college readiness, our graduates leave STE prepared for the rigors of higher education and, ultimately, to be kind and honorable citizens.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 583 students
Houston, TX 77096
- Sugar LandGrades: PK-8 | 718 students
2630 Austin Pkwy
Sugar Land, TX 77479
- BellaireGrades: K-12 | 522 students
4600 Bissonnet St
Bellaire, TX 77401
- HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 377 students
3816 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77025
- HoustonGrades: K-12 | 2221 students
2401 Claremont Ln
Houston, TX 77019
I love this school! It's a place of substance where academic literacy in math, English, natural science, social studies, and foreign languages is still honored. The students are remarkably respectful to teachers, and they're kind and supportive to each other. It's a formula that works: acceptances to Yale, Stanford, Princeton, Caltech, Rice, and Carnegie Mellon this year; recent state champions in soccer, swimming, cross country, and basketball; state champions for their string orchestra and choir; one of the best yearbooks in the nation; and one of the best Scottish band and dance programs in the world prove that this is a small school that packs a big punch! I know my daughter's friends will be her friends for life, and she couldn't be surrounded by a better community of people.
- Posted by Parent - Lower School Parent