St. Thomas' Episcopal School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (713) 666-3111
Since 1955, Saint Thomas' Episcopal School (STE) has formed honorable men and women through a classical education grounded in a Christ-centered world view.
STE is a college preparatory day school serving 550 students in K-12.
Ranked the 2019 #1 Best Christian High School in the Houston area by Niche ratings.
Our campus is located in the Meyerland area of southwest Houston.
Saint Thomas` Episcopal students have won recent state championships in swimming, cross country, orchestra, yearbook, soccer, and drum line, and in a typical year 100% of our graduates go to four year colleges and universities.
We also offer a world renowned Scottish Arts program that includes Highland dance, piping, and drumming.
St. Thomas' Episcopal School places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||604 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||87 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$16,715 for K-5th $18,830 6th-8th $21,060 9th-12th|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Danny Kahalley|
|Admissions Associate||Hazel McWhinnie|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Saint Thomas` Episcopal School students carry their STE experiences with them through the rest of their lives, so we aim to cultivate a truly outstanding environment through exceptional academics, outstanding fine arts offerings and engaging athletic programs. As a private, Pre-K through 12 college preparatory school founded on Christian values, we believe in nurturing the mind and spirit of our students through classical and Christ-centered instruction. With a focus on personal instruction and college readiness, our graduates leave STE prepared for the rigors of higher education and, ultimately, to be kind and honorable citizens.
- In order to better serve our church families, as well as current and future students, STE will greatly enhance our current campus with sanctuary upgrades, a new state-of-the-art academic building, and an underground parking garage. The new academic building will be home to our Middle and Upper Schools. Our Lower School will move to the current Upper School building. Expected completion of the new academic building is November 2021.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 1412 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 782-1640 5.7 PK-12
We love STE! Our children are happy and well educated. The curriculum is rigorous. The support is off the charts. The faculty and staff are top-notch. STE is a unique blend. The size of the school enables there to be a family feel that makes the school experience unique and meaningful. It is big enough to have strong teams and extracurricular activities and small enough to know everyone and consider them family.
- Posted by Parent - High School Parent
I went through St. Thomas (13 years) and received 8 years of Latin instruction. Latin provided an excellent grammatical background when I studied Asian languages in college. It also allowed me to function quite well in Italian when I was sent to Italy on business for a month. I have also come to believe that translating Latin is an excellent foundation for analyzing and interpreting complicated contract language.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Richard Luna
I love this school! It's a place of substance where academic literacy in math, English, natural science, social studies, and foreign languages is still honored. The students are remarkably respectful to teachers, and they're kind and supportive to each other. It's a formula that works: acceptances to Yale, Stanford, Princeton, Caltech, Rice, and Carnegie Mellon this year; recent state champions in soccer, swimming, cross country, and basketball; state champions for their string orchestra and choir; one of the best yearbooks in the nation; and one of the best Scottish band and dance programs in the world prove that this is a small school that packs a big punch! I know my daughter's friends will be her friends for life, and she couldn't be surrounded by a better community of people.
- Posted by Parent - Lower School Parent
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.