St. Thomas More School
- At Saint Thomas More School. we strive to not only build the minds of our students, but build their character as well. We educate them academically as well as spiritually and morally, with the goal of creating good students and good citizens to the world.
- We at Saint Thomas More are a diverse population with ethnic and financial diversity.
- We are a beautiful tapestry of all different types of people coming together to make a dynamic community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016|
|Total Students||483 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 9 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,750|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic tuition = $7,750 Non Catholic tuition = $10,665|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,678|
|Admissions Director||Eileen Killeen Maron|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band Chorus, Boy and Girl Scouts Troops, Girls on the Run Program., Student Council|
Club or Organization:
- Saint Thomas More Catholic School provides a sound curriculum and effective teaching to work with parents in nurturing children to become morally good and intellectually competent. Moral and religious guidance, order and self-discipline are instilled through kindness and firmness in the formation of character. Saint Thomas More School is committed to teaching in all modalities of learning. We provide an integrated approach that brings together faith and reason, in mind, body, and spirit; wisdom and knowledge; science and technology; and creativity in learning. We seek to develop persons committed to love God and one another, to seek the truth, to continue learning, and to develop their faith, skills, and talents. We are a community, in partnership with families and parishes, where each person is valued and respected.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DecaturGrades: PK-8 | 139 students
2560 Tilson Rd
Decatur, GA 30032
- AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 987 students
1509 S Ponce De Leon Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
- AlpharettaGrades: NS-6 | 347 students
44 Academy St
Alpharetta, GA 30009
- LilburnGrades: K-12 | 701 students
4575 Lawrenceville Hwy
Lilburn, GA 30047
- AtlantaGrades: PK-8 | 112 students
2120 Forrest Park Rd Se
Atlanta, GA 30315
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.