St. Thomas More School
- At Saint Thomas More School. we strive to not only build the minds of our students, but build their character as well. We educate them academically as well as spiritually and morally, with the goal of creating good students and good citizens to the world.
- We at Saint Thomas More are a diverse population with ethnic and financial diversity.
- We are a beautiful tapestry of all different types of people coming together to make a dynamic community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016|
|Total Students||485 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 9 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,983|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic tuition = $7,983 Non Catholic tuition = $10,985|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,678|
|Admissions Director||Eileen Killeen Maron|
|Admissions Associate||Heather McElroy|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy and Girl Scouts Troops, Girls on the Run Program., Origami, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Saint Thomas More Catholic School provides a sound curriculum and effective teaching to work with parents in nurturing children to become morally good and intellectually competent. Moral and religious guidance, order and self-discipline are instilled through kindness and firmness in the formation of character. Saint Thomas More School is committed to teaching in all modalities of learning. We provide an integrated approach that brings together faith and reason, in mind, body, and spirit; wisdom and knowledge; science and technology; and creativity in learning. We seek to develop persons committed to love God and one another, to seek the truth, to continue learning, and to develop their faith, skills, and talents. We are a community, in partnership with families and parishes, where each person is valued and respected.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Decatur Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
2560 Tilson Rd
Decatur, GA 30032
(404)241-3063 3.3 PK-8
- Atlanta Grades: PK-12 | 987 students
1509 S Ponce De Leon Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
(404)377-3491 1.8 PK-12
- Atlanta Grades: PK-8 | 112 students
2120 Forrest Park Rd Se
Atlanta, GA 30315
(404)370-1960 6.2 PK-8
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.