St Thomas More School
- St. Thomas More Catholic School provides you with school policies, practices, schedules, phone book and the school calendar for the year.
- Catholic education is a ministry of the Church, and specifically of the parish community.
- The forms which education takes in St. Thomas More Parish can be found in the school and the religious education programs for children, youth, and adults.
- Our parish community provides these opportunities for Christian formation and Catholic education.
- This ministry of education cannot take place effectively in a vacuum.
- Parental encouragement and participation is necessary for the wholesome development of a child.
- This encouragement and participation carries a parish dimension. The community that contributes in a variety of ways for the provision of Catholic education encourages parents to be active participants in the community of faith that provides generously for the needs of their children.
- Christ as the servant model guides us to know, love, and serve God.
- Through traditional education and the use of current technology, we emphasize the importance of acquiring foundational knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- We integrate citizenship and faith throughout the curriculum to develop responsible stewards who live Gospel values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spokane Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
3510 E 18th Ave
Spokane, WA 99223
(509)534-1098 7.8 PK-8
- Spokane Grades: NS-8 | 352 students
455 W 18th Ave
Spokane, WA 99203
(509)624-8759 6.7 NS-8
- Spokane Grades: NS-8 | 553 students
611 E Mission Avenue
Spokane, WA 99202
(509)489-7825 4.8 NS-8
- Spokane Grades: PK-8 | 189 students
501 N Walnut Rd
Spokane, WA 99206
(509)926-7987 9.7 PK-8
- Spokane Grades: PK-8 | 272 students
14601 E 4th Ave
Spokane, WA 99216
(509)924-4300 12.5 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.