St. Thomas The Apostle Episcopal School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (281) 333-1340
- St. Thomas School serves children of both parishioners and the community, regardless of economic, racial or cultural background or religious affiliation.
- Generous support from the Episcopal Church Women of St. Thomas, anonymous gifts, and alumni donations allows St. Thomas to offer a unique educational experience to students across a broad socio-economic range.
- The mission of St. Thomas the Apostle Episcopal School is to provide a learning community in the Episcopal tradition that nurtures the intellectual and spiritual growth of children, that they may develop competence, creativity, character and compassion.
- St. Thomas school teachers are nurturing professionals who are enthusiastically dedicated to serving the children of our school and helping them realize their full potential.
- St. Thomas School serves children with average or above average ability who can adapt to classroom routines.
- Within our strong academic curriculum, we offer a degree of tailored instruction to meet students' individual abilities.
- Our goal is to encourage development of the whole child intellectually, spiritually, socially and physically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-K | 190 students
18220 Upper Bay Rd
Houston, TX 77058
(281) 333-3323 0.1 PK-K
- Houston Grades: PK-K | 32 students
18131 Nassau Bay Drive
Houston, TX 77058
(281) 335-0432 0.7 PK-K
- League City Grades: PK-4 | 75 students
201 S Shore Blvd
League City, TX 77573
(281) 334-7345 1.4 PK-4
- League City Grades: 6-12 | 11 students
2450 E Main, Ste H
League City, TX 77573
(832) 819-3320 1.5 6-12
- Houston Grades: NS-8 | 187 students
Houston, TX 77058
(281) 480-5563 1.7 NS-8
After a year and a half of attending, we are very satisfied with the education St. Thomas is providing our son. He started the Pre-K3 program in the fall of 2017 and continues to thrive.The curriculum is broad and we are amazed with his progress academically and socially. The outdoor play area is huge and more like a park than just a playground. There are lots of trees, play equipment and space for him to run.The school`s new director that started this year is enthusiastic and implementing science-based education program changes. The teachers are loving with a good mix of tenured and new, not to mention low student to teacher ratios. The school has an inclusive community that encourages and welcomes parent involvement. We highly recommend St. Thomas to other parents looking for high quality and comprehensive preschool/elementary education.
- Posted by Parent - Megan
Warm environment that supports both families and the students. Social skills are developed in addition to education. A broad curriculum to help students explore new ideas and interests. Schedule flexibility before and after school to help with working parents. Solid staff in all grades with leadership from Pastor Mike and Head of School Colin.
- Posted by Parent - Tim
We have had a wonderful experience at St. Thomas. The school does a great job providing curriculum in an effective and creative way along with nurturing your kids in a family like environment. Some things that sets St. Thomas apart from other private schools is daily Spanish and chapel along with an amazing playground. The school has an at home feel where your kids are surrounded by faculty and staff that care and take responsibility of every students learning and wellbeing. The students are also very close and form friendships across grade levels.
- Posted by Parent - Boy Mom
My two children attend this school and we couldn't be happier. Rigorous academics in a loving and supportive environment, and a great community of families. Stable administration and faculty - It's just a great place. The tuition is very reasonable for what you get in return, and worth every sacrifice. I know that there is financial aid available to those who are able to get into the school, but cannot afford the tuition. I cannot say enough good about this school.
- Posted by Parent - kyle.
My three grandchildren have attended and one is currently attending St. Thomas. My daughter and son-in-law are sold on this school! We help with the tuition costs since they have three children to support; however, the tuition is very affordable for a top tier Episcopal School. I attended attended an Episcopal School as well as my children did while living on the East Coast. St. Thomas is by far the best investment a parent or grandparent can make toward preparing children for success in life. Most of the teachers at St. Thomas have been there for at least 10 years. The staff is highly qualified and the new Head of School, Jackie Kemper, is a warm, intelligent, and visionary school leader. Parents are actively involved in the school and encouraged by the school staff to be involved. The academic program is solid and my grandchildren enjoy afternoon Fun Factory and various other after school clubs offered through the school. I can't imagine my grandkids attending another school. St. Thomas is home to them, and they are in excellent hands!
- Posted by Parent - debbi
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.