St Vincent Ferrer School
Tel: (561) 278-3868
- On May 10, 1955, the construction of St. Vincent Ferrer School began.
- On August 10, 1955, the Sisters of Mercy set sail from Ireland and arrived in West Palm Beach, Florida on August 25th. Classes began in the school on October 5, 1955.The school flourished through the next decades as the Catholic population of St. Vincent Ferrer grew.
- Many additions have been made over the years to continually improve this special educational environment. Most recently, the development of our Family Life Center provides a place for recreation, socialization and education.With many years of solid leadership within its administration and the devotion of the school’s faculty and staff, who unselfishly nurture the whole child, our families continue to be richly blessed.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Advanced Courses||Honors Algebra, Advanced Courses are available to Students through the Florida Virtual School|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Casual & Formal Used for Mass)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,400|
|Tuition Notes||We have a very generous sibling discount along with financial aide available to parishioners. We are also StepUpForStudent scholarship providers as well as accept VPK voucher for PK 4 program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Lourdes Loreti|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Baton, Cooking Club, Drama Club, Irish dance, Karate, Student Council, Tech Club, Tennis
- We prepare young minds for the future by providing excellence and balance in the spiritual, educational, artistic, and recreational disciplines of life, and have been doing so for more than half a century. God, parents, and country.• Most of our students are testing 2 grades higher in math, science, and the arts than their peers in other schools and are well prepared to enter competitive secondary schools.• Our teachers, nuns, and pastor partner closely with parents because we know parents are, and should be, the primary educators of their children, and must be included in day-to-day learning.• All students participate in service helping the community to reinforce the principles of giving and humility.• Our championship winning sports teams provide healthy fun, and more importantly, the foundations of working in a team environment.• Wholesome nutritious meals provided in our spotless clean cafeteria by qualified staff.• Quality after school care provides peace of mind for parents who know their children are in a fun, safe, educational environment after school.• Our competitive rates, especially when compared to much more expensive private schools with lower standards, help parents save for college.• Over 50 award winning years preparing young minds for success that carries throughout their lives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boynton Beach Grades: PK-12 | 542 students
7592 High Ridge Rd
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
(561) 586-8216 4.3 PK-12
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?