- Founded in 1964, Unity School is a private, independent school located in Delray Beach, Florida.
- Our school combines academic excellence with fine arts and music education, athletics/physical education and character development.
- This results in well-rounded students prepared for competitive high school and college environments.
- Unity School’s facilities include a gymnasium with theater-sized performance stage and dedicated studios for art, music, and TV production.
- Our Lessons-in-Living program truly sets Unity School apart from other schools.
- It focuses on earth stewardship, community outreach, peace education, and more.
- Through its teachings, students develop strong morals, ethics, and values that complement the school’s advanced academic focus.
- Our students are taught important life skills that help to fully prepare them as future world citizens.
- We currently have an enrollment of approximately 320 students from toddler (2 years old) through eighth grade in three schools: Montessori Preschool, Unity Elementary School & Unity Middle School.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Unity Polo Shirt, Unity Shorts/Skort Navy & Khaki)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- Unity School is dedicated to educating children in an environment conducive to excellence in education. A wealth of experiences, materials and proven educational techniques are provided, all enabling and encouraging students to pursue excellence in their lives. Students are aided in identifying, expressing and developing their unique God-granted talents and potential. The value of a positive mental attitude for successful living is emphasized. Students learn to recognize, relate, assimilate and apply universal principals. Family involvement in the formal and informal education process is expected. Education is an ongoing lifetime process and the joys of learning are cultivated.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Delray BeachGrades: NS-8 | 488 students
400 N Swinton Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444
- Boynton BeachGrades: PK-12 | 468 students
7592 High Ridge Rd
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
- Delray BeachGrades: PK-8 | 350 students
810 George Bush Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33483
- Middle VillageGrades: 9-12 | 920 students
6802 Metropolitan Ave
Middle Village, NY 11379
- Lake WorthGrades: PK-12 | 555 students
7259 S Military Trl
Lake Worth, FL 33463
We started Unity at the pre-K level for the Montessori teaching and unique family environment. Our son is now in 1st grade and is excelling beyond our belief in all aspects of academics, participating in violin, chess, arts, sports, and reading at a 3rd grade level. The lessons in living programs places Unity School in a different league than a typical private school, as the program teaches the children about kindness, conflict resolution, peace and emotional development. The school has Green qualifications, a healthy food policy and a tree-to-table program complete with on-site gardening to educate the children on a full range of nutrition. Above all, the warmth and exceptional display of parental involvement says it all, and is what makes this school so special. There is a sponsor family in place for every new family, as well as an ambassador child for every new student. We are quite fortunate to be a part of Unity School and the culture it creates and reinforces for our child and for our family.
- Posted by Parent - kgran
We selected Unity school because of the Montesorri preschool. Because of this hands on learning approach our son thrived and grew incedibly in his first year. He was reading level 1 readers and doing simple math and was engaged and excited to learn and do it. Though the school transistions to traditional learning in kindergarten this program springboarded him into the advanced educational program that Unity offers throughout the grades. My son loves all the Unity is and so do I as a parent. The teachers are incredible, intelligent, caring, nurturing, patient, communicative with parents. The schools excellent advanced teaching level paired with the lessons in living program which is unlike anything I've seen and the addition of the arts and sports programs make this hands down the best school around.
- Posted by Parent - woo99