Stepping Stones Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (616) 451-8627
- Stepping Stones Montessori was established in 1983 by a group of dedicated parents.
- It continues today with a Parent Board and functions as a non-profit.
- Our programs currently serve children from the age of 12 weeks to 15 years of age.
- Stepping Stones Montessori is a member of the American Montessori Society.
- Many of our faculty are active members of the North American Montessori Teacher's Association (NAMTA), the American Montessori Society (AMS) and Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).
- Stepping Stones Montessori School nurtures global citizens and guides each child to realize their unique potential.
- We are not a typical school. We aim to sustain an environment that enables each child to thrive as a life-long learner who is self-directed and responsible; self-confident and respectful; and self-aware and globally-conscious.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Students dress for the weather and to be comfortable working all over the classroom.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Danielski|
- Stepping Stones Montessori was established in 1983 by a group of dedicated parents. It continues today with a Parent Board and functions as a non-profit. Our programs currently serve children from the age of 12 weeks to 15 years of age. Stepping Stones Montessori is a member of the American Montessori Society. Many of our faculty are active members of the North American Montessori Teacher's Association (NAMTA). Stepping Stones Montessori School's Mission: Engage each child's passion for learning through the Montessori philosophy of education. Sustain an environment that enables each child to thrive as a life-long learner who is:
- Self-directed and responsible
- Self-confident and respectful
- Self-aware and globally-conscious
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grand Rapids Grades: PK-K | 20 students
1118 Emerald Ave Ne
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
(616) 956-0466 0.5 PK-K
- Grand Rapids Grades: 9-12 | 918 students
2300 Plymouth Ave Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
(616) 574-5500 4.6 9-12
- Grand Rapids Grades: NS | 89 students
2727 Five Mile Road Ne
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
(616) 363-2553 5 NS
- Grand Rapids Grades: PK-8 | 116 students
625 Spring Avenue Ne
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
(616) 454-1236 0.9 PK-8
SSMS has been a fantastic choice for my daughter, I couldn't be happier. Love the Montessori way, (which I was new to), it's so effective I have begun incorporating their methods into my parenting with wonderful results. The staff is so caring and knowledgable regarding; teaching, development and growing children through play and study. Never been so happy about a decision for my daughter...
- Posted by Parent - Vincent
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.