5.00 (1 review)
Subiaco Academy Photo #4 - Eight varsity sports programs including Football, Basketball, Track, Cross Country, Baseball, Soccer, Tennis and Golf.
Subiaco Academy Photo #5 - Subiaco Academy's music department is in high demand. They receive many requests to perform. Check them out on YouTube!
Subiaco Academy Photo #6 - Subiaco Academy welcomes your international students! These are Seniors at thier senior ring ceremony at the beginning of their senior year.
- Subiaco Academy, a Catholic, Benedictine boarding anddaycollege preparatory school, is located in the beautifulOzarkmountains at the edge of the Arkansas River valley.
- The Academy was established by the Benedictine Monks ofSubiacoAbbey in 1887.
- It is dedicated to providing young men with the opportunityfora college preparatory education in a stable andstructuredenvironment nourished by Christian values.
- The Subiaco experience also provides the opportunity to createasense of community, which is a reflection of CatholicBenedictinetraditions of service to God, respect for self andothers, mutualsupport, and the value of work.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, English Language and Composition, English Literataure and Composition, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and uniform shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,400|
|Tuition Notes||Includes tuition, room and board for domestic students. International student tuition is $35,200.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pat Franz|
|Admissions Associate||Evelyn Bauer|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Blue Arrow (leadership group), Bunkerstube Club (manages student snack shop/game room), CASA Club (cultural awareness programs on campus), Future Business Leaders of America, National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl (interscholastic), Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Jazz Ensemble
- Subiaco Academy is a Catholic, college-preparatory boardingandday school for young men in grades 7 - 12.. The school,foundedin 1887, is an educational apostolate of the Benedictinemonks atSubiaco Abbey. Accredited by the North Central Association(NCA),Independent Schools Association of Central States (ISACS)and theArkansas Nonpublic School Accrediting Association (ANSAA),SubiacoAcademy is also a member of the National CatholicEducationAssociation (NCEA), the National Association ofIndependent Schools(NAIS), and The Association of Boarding Schools(TABS).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Forest Grades: 9-12 | 145 students
760 E Westleigh Rd
Lake Forest, IL 60045
(847)234-4300 571.8 9-12
- Addison Grades: PK-12 | 1318 students
4141 Spring Valley Road
Addison, TX 75001
(972)628-5400 245.3 PK-12
- Dallas Grades: 9-12 | 1108 students
12345 Inwood Rd
Dallas, TX 75244
(972)387-8700 245.4 9-12
While boarding school is not for every student, I found my 4 years there quite rewarding. The faculty and staff foster a sense of inclusion in the monastic and academic communities which strengthens the bonds of all. I have found that Subiaco provided an excellent foundation of learning and paved the way to many successes over the years. I rate the experience as 5-Star PLUS
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jerry Pye
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.