Suffield Academy Photo #7 - In the spring, seniors wear their college sweatshirts to class on Saturdays.
Suffield Academy is a coeducational independent secondary school serving a diverse student body of day and boarding students from across the United States and from many foreign countries.
The school is grounded in a tradition of academic excellence combined with a strong work ethic; respect for individual differences and a commitment to scholarship guide our curriculum and our pedagogy.
We engender among our students a sense of responsibility and challenge them to grow in a school community which is both structured and nurturing.
We expect our students to emerge from their Suffield experience prepared for a lifetime of learning and active citizenship.
- Top Ranked CT School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 410 students
- Yearly Tuition: $71,500
- Acceptance rate: 29%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 15 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- Suffield Academy is a coeducational independent secondary school serving a diverse student body of day and boarding students from across the United States and from many countries.
- The school is grounded in a tradition of academic excellence combined with a strong work ethic; respect for individual differences and a commitment to scholarship guide our curriculum and our pedagogy.
- We engender among our students a sense of responsibility and challenge them to grow in a school community which is both structured and nurturing.
- We expect our students to emerge from their Suffield experience prepared for a lifetime of learning and active citizenship.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Leigh Perkins - President and CEO, Orvis
- James Tisch - CEO, Loews Corporation
- Grace Oboma-Layat - Legal Aid Society NY
- Barry Scherr - Former Provost, Dartmouth College
- Archer Mayor - Best-selling mystery writer
- Vinnie Del Negro - NBA basketball player and coach
- May Chow - World renowned chef
- John Adler - Stanford Neurosurgeon
- Jack Robinson - Green Investor
- Christian Wilkins - NFL Miami Dolphins
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Suffield Academy cost?
Suffield Academy's tuition is approximately $71,500 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Suffield Academy?
The acceptance rate of Suffield Academy is 29%, which is lower than the national average of 69%. Suffield Academy's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Connecticut with low acceptance rates.
Who are famous alumni from Suffield Academy?
Suffield Academy famous alumni include: Leigh Perkins, James Tisch, Grace Oboma-Layat, Barry Scherr, Archer Mayor, Vinnie Del Negro, May Chow, John Adler, Jack Robinson and Christian Wilkins.
What sports does Suffield Academy offer?
Suffield Academy offers 24 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Riflery, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo and Wrestling. Suffield Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for most sports offered.
What is Suffield Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Suffield Academy?
The application deadline for Suffield Academy is Jan. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Suffield Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.