Sunset Mesa Schools
Tel: (505) 298-7626
- Sunset Mesa Schools, Inc is providing a quality educational foundation for children in Preschool through Grade 5 since 1948.
- Sunset Mesa students participate in a broad range of intellectual, artistic, and physical activities.
- They are challenged to become productive, responsible, and caring people by learning sound values, compassion, and ethical behavior.
- Our students are encouraged to think and act independently, develop good study habits, solve problems, and think critically.
- It is our purpose to give children a strong foundation upon which to build their future educational and life experiences--an investment which will pay interest for a lifetime.
- At Sunset Mesa, we believe in the positive value of our students' mistakes.
- Learning from mistakes, rather than feeling ashamed, is an important part of an education here.
- The key is that students keep trying--the attitude and work ethic that this inspires is a necessary ingredient in the recipe for success beyond Sunset Mesa and throughout life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
National Independent Private Schools Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||325 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 52%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mollie Krattiger|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-12 | 1156 students
8005 Louisiana Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505) 821-2513 4.7 PK-12
- Albuquerque Grades: NS-6 | 190 students
9360 Holly Avenue NE
Albuquerque, NM 87122
(505) 822-5150 4.1 NS-6
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.