Sunset Mesa Schools
- Sunset Mesa Schools, Inc is providing a quality educational foundation for children in Preschool through Grade 5 since 1948.
- Sunset Mesa students participate in a broad range of intellectual, artistic, and physical activities.
- They are challenged to become productive, responsible, and caring people by learning sound values, compassion, and ethical behavior.
- Our students are encouraged to think and act independently, develop good study habits, solve problems, and think critically.
- It is our purpose to give children a strong foundation upon which to build their future educational and life experiences--an investment which will pay interest for a lifetime.
- At Sunset Mesa, we believe in the positive value of our students' mistakes.
- Learning from mistakes, rather than feeling ashamed, is an important part of an education here.
- The key is that students keep trying--the attitude and work ethic that this inspires is a necessary ingredient in the recipe for success beyond Sunset Mesa and throughout life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
National Independent Private Schools Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||333 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mollie Krattiger|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-12 | 1156 students
8005 Louisiana Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505)821-2513 4.7 PK-12
- Albuquerque Grades: NS-6 | 190 students
9360 Holly Avenue NE
Albuquerque, NM 87122
(505)822-5150 4.1 NS-6
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.