Sunset Mesa Schools
- Sunset Mesa Schools, Inc is providing a quality educational foundation for children in Preschool through Grade 5 since 1948.
- Sunset Mesa students participate in a broad range of intellectual, artistic, and physical activities.
- They are challenged to become productive, responsible, and caring people by learning sound values, compassion, and ethical behavior.
- Our students are encouraged to think and act independently, develop good study habits, solve problems, and think critically.
- It is our purpose to give children a strong foundation upon which to build their future educational and life experiences--an investment which will pay interest for a lifetime.
- At Sunset Mesa, we believe in the positive value of our students' mistakes.
- Learning from mistakes, rather than feeling ashamed, is an important part of an education here.
- The key is that students keep trying--the attitude and work ethic that this inspires is a necessary ingredient in the recipe for success beyond Sunset Mesa and throughout life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
National Independent Private Schools Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||333 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mollie Krattiger|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-12 | 1156 students
8005 Louisiana Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505)821-2513 4.7 PK-12
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-8 | 152 students
7201b Montgomery Blvd Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505)872-0777 4.4 PK-8
- Albuquerque Grades: NS-6 | 190 students
9360 Holly Avenue NE
Albuquerque, NM 87122
(505)822-5150 4.1 NS-6
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.