- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: 7-12
- Enrollment: 64 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / Aug. 31 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
The Academy At Charlemont ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Gender and Sexuality Alliance, Knitting Club
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella, American Roots Band, Architectural Rendering and Design, Audio Collage, Blues Band, Celtic Band, Ceramics, Computer Programming, Creative Writing, Digital Photography, Drama Productions, Drawing and Painting, Fiber Arts, Film Studies, Garage Rock Band, Jazz Band, Jewelry Making, Klezmer Band, Mosaics, R & B Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Hiking, Yoga and Fitness
- Welcome to the Academy at Charlemont. The Academy is a public-spirited private school that combines the best of the classical academic tradition with a visible commitment to building and sustaining community. Most Academy students go on to college, and most of them live within fifty miles of Charlemont, a small town in rural Western Massachusetts. Explore our web site to learn more about this excellent small school. The Academy believes that the academic, liberal arts tradition is a challenging, intellectually stimulating ground on which young people can both learn to use their minds well, and furnish those minds with the kind of broad, basic knowledge needed to succeed in college and as citizens of the world. We believe in emphasizing connections among the academic disciplines because "real world" challenges require citizens to think beyond the discrete boundaries of academic disciplines, to look at things from many different angles. We believe that a school community based on values- self-reliance, industry, integrity, and compassion - encourages development of intellectual and social standards that reflect those values. We believe that affirming the uniqueness of each individual and at the same time insisting that individuals subscribe to a set of commonly held standards - civility, respect, concern for others - produces a healthy tension that helps students learn, grow, and become productive citizens.We`ll not be able to capture the unique spirit, vitality, and humor of Academy life on this website. When you come to visit you`ll immediately be struck by the physical beauty of our rural setting, the friendliness and civility of our community, the amount of laughter one hears, and the respect for learning one observes. In and of its place, The Academy`s school meeting is modeled on the New England town meeting, a democratic institution where each citizen is encouraged to: Find your voice. Speak your mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does The Academy At Charlemont offer?
What is The Academy At Charlemont's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Academy At Charlemont?
Endorse The Academy At Charlemont. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards