The Buckley School
Tel: (212) 535-8787
- The goals of a Buckley education are that every boy learn fundamental skills, gain self-confidence through disciplined thought and action, develop personal integrity and respect for others, and discover the joy of learning and the satisfaction of pursuing excellence.
- Having high standards, pursuing excellence, exhibiting concern for each child and maintaining the level of student engagement are goals of a first-rate faculty.
- This is certainly the case here at Buckley where we support our colleagues in their development as professionals and in their critical work with our students.
- In addition to exceptional teachers, what makes Buckley truly special is our focus on the development of the whole boy.
- We require boys to participate in all areas of school life, engaging the mind, body and spirit.
- The moral development of the boys is also a chief concern.
- Each year our boys are exposed to programs that address such topics as decision-making and accountability.
- Buckley is a truly unique school, which, while proud of its traditions, is well positioned to embrace the challenges of the twenty-first century.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||372 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 655 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
(212) 812-8521 1.2 K-12
- New York Grades: K-8 | 407 students
132 E 78th St
New York, NY 10075
(212) 288-6710 0.3 K-8
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1317 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212) 423-5200 0.8 K-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.