The Children's Garden - Downtown
- The Children’s Garden was incorporated in 1988 by a local family in pursuit of quality childcare.
- Disappointed by the poor selection of nurturing environments for their young daughter, the couple found most programs to be lacking the individual, loving touch personalized childcare should emanate.
- After the birth of their second child, they proceeded to open what has become one of Portland’s most loved and adored early childhood learning centers.
- Now, after developing three centers and more than 25 years later, The Children’s Garden is still mastering the fine art of childcare.
- It takes time, patience, motivation and passion to keep up with today’s ever-changing educational needs of children, ensuring that each and every aspect of a program is in the best interest of a child and their growth patterns.
- Constant attention to detail and willingness to embrace new educational avenues is a must!.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Every child is special and unique.
- Helping them to discover their special qualities and blossom within their uniqueness is the aim of The Children’s Garden. Beautiful personalities unfold before your eyes when children are embraced with unconditional love and acceptance.
- A self-confident child with a strong, positive self-image is free to see the wonder of the world around them and to experience the joy of discovery. It is our desire to provide the rich, nurturing soil from which little beings can grow.
- Our programs follow a developmental approach, allowing us to follow a child’s lead. We feel that the process of learning is as important as the content. Helping children learn how to learn is what our programs are all about.
- We believe that parents are the most important people in a child’s life. We at The Children’s Garden would like to join with parents in providing the best for their children.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 242 students
110 Nw 17th Ave
Portland, OR 97209
(503)275-9370 0.2 PK-8
- Portland Grades: 9-12 | 23 students
314 Sw 9th Ave
Portland, OR 97205
(503)517-3918 0.3 9-12
- Portland Grades: Inquire with school | 50 students
1195 Sw 11th Ave
Portland, OR 97205 0.3 Inquire with school
- Portland Grades: PK-K | 124 students
1315 Sw Park Ave
Portland, OR 97201
(503)227-2439 0.4 PK-K
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.