The Children's House
5.00 (1 review)
The Children's House Photo #3 - Big thanks to students from University of Indianapolis who lent their time and talents to renovate and beautify parts of our school and playground. They've worked hard and done an outstanding job.
The Children's House Photo #6 - This is one of the axolotls that the seniors picked out today for their class pet.
- The Children's House was founded in 1971 to provide an organic education through individual instruction.
- Today, in an atmosphere free of competition, the child can discover his or her unique talents on the way to becoming a self-actualized person.
- The Children's House offers an elementary education in Math, Science, Reading, and Art.
- Music, Yoga, Latin, Literature, and Social Studies are also integral components of the school's curriculum.
The Children's House places among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Highest percentage of students of color
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Sibling discount Some work for tuition jobs, based on financial need. Some scholarships awarded based on finanacial need.|
|Admissions Director||Mary Sexson|
- The Children's House is devoted to teaching the individual child. Each student has her/his own curriculum. Students move at their own pace. No student is restricted to any certain grade level. We meet the student where she/he is.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fayetteville Grades: PK-6 | 53 students
440 E Lanier Ave
Fayetteville, GA 30214
(770)461-1595 453.9 PK-6
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-K | 73 students
801 W 73rd St
Indianapolis, IN 46260
(317)726-5584 2 PK-K
We love The Children's House. I have two sons at the school, and we could not be happier. My kids are not the kind of kids who can sit at a desk for 8 hours per day. We tried out public school, but the kids'' learning styles were not accommodated. When we looked around for other schools, our priorities included (1) NOT teaching to a test, (2) personal attention, (3) small student/teacher ratios, (4) focus on the traditional liberal arts. All of these priorities were met or exceeded at The Children's House. They do not do ISTEP testing, which we are very happy about. The kids get a lot of one-on-one attention, which, even at the most expensive private schools, is extremely rare. Instead of classes of 25-28 kids, students in the upper grades have classes of no more than 6. Bullying doesn't exist because the teachers have the ability to have greater oversight, with fewer kids in the rooms. In the time my kids have been at the school (nearly two years), they have grown, matured, and learned so much! My oldest son knew all of the bones in the body by the time he was finished with 1st grade! My youngest son started working on writing at age 3. The results are astounding, and the love and attention they get at this school is worth every penny. I can't say enough wonderful things about The Children's House.
- Posted by Parent - marci
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.