The Childrens House Montessori School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Situated in the historic Hillcrest neighborhood, The Children's House Montessori School has been providing a Montessori education to generations for thirty-three years.
- At The Children's House, the emotional, intellectual, physical, social and spiritual aspects of your child's growth are all of equal importance.
- The prepared environment of the Montessori classroom ministers to the needs of the “Whole Child”.
- We begin with practical and social skills, not just academic skills.
- Keeping track of personal belongings, putting things away, dressing oneself, sharing an adult, sharing materials and respecting the limits of the community, are some of the many aspects of total development which are the initial benefits of the Montessori pre-school class. These are the foundations for growing independence.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Little Rock Grades: PK-8 | 400 students
7700 Ohio St
Little Rock, AR 72227
(501)225-6629 2.6 PK-8
- Little Rock Grades: PK-12 | 86 students
10618 Breckenridge Dr
Little Rock, AR 72211
(501)217-8600 4.2 PK-12
- Little Rock Grades: PK-12 | 70 students
3300 Asher Ave
Little Rock, AR 72204
(501)663-0300 1.9 PK-12
- North Little Rock Grades: PK-6 | 66 students
900 Mission Rd
North Little Rock, AR 72118
(501)753-5157 5.8 PK-6
Our three-year-old son has been at CHMS for almost two years now and we absolute love it. His knowledge, confidence, and physical and verbal skills have all thrived. The teachers and administrators are all very sweet and communicate regularly via emails, newsletters, and in person. There is set curriculum that is child-led, as Montessori should be play-to-learn, which is how children learn best at the toddler and preschool age. Our son already knows his numbers, letters, continents, planets, animals, and multiple Spanish words. My husband and I are faculty at UAMS so education is obviously very important to us. We have been nothing less than extremely satisfied with our son's experience thus far.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
Love love LOVE this school and see the benefits daily with my little one. Couldn`t imagine a better school for my daughter.
- Posted by Parent - Shannon Dilday
Our son attends Childrens House, for about a year now, and it's been a life changer for his attitude and development. His teachers seem to really love their students, and their jobs.
- Posted by Parent - M
Nearby Homes for Sale
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.