The Discovery School Of Virginia
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Discovery School Of Virginia for Boys and the Discovery School of Virginia for Girls serve young people who are experiencing emotional, behavioral, and learning problems.
- The 318 acre boys program and 150 acre girls program are located on separate campuses in the rolling uplands of central Virginia.
- The Discovery Schools use a group problem-solving process and the natural environment to promote a student's overall positive development.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild/Moderate Learning Differences, Emotional/Behavioral Disorders, Other Health Impaired|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$60,000|
|Admissions Director||Don Williams|
|Admissions Associate||Mike Forman|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fork Union Grades: 7-12 | 343 students
PO Box 278, 4744 James Madison Hwy
Fork Union, VA 23055
(434)842-4205 19.4 7-12
- Henrico Grades: 9-12 | 268 students
12829 River Road
Henrico, VA 23238
(804)708-9504 49.1 9-12
- New Castle Grades: 6-11 | 12 students
700 Scenic Lane
New Castle, VA 24127
(540)864-6640 85 6-11
Focuses on changing lives for the better, not on making money. Caring and supportive staff.
- Posted by Teacher - Former Group Leader
This place should be investigated for child abuse, child labor and unsanitary living conditions. It is inhumane and counterproductive to treatment of the impairments that children are sent here for.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - X
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.