The Frost School
- The Frost School was created in 1976 to meet the needs of students who are unable to succeed in standard educational settings because of moderate to severe emotional disturbance.
- By establishing a comprehensive, integrated school and psychiatric treatment approach, the program offers students and their families in the Washington Metropolitan area an alternative to residential psychiatric care.
- The major goal of The Frost School is to permit the student's continued home residence while working towards re-entry into the regular education system, the working world, post-high school training or college within one or two years.
- The philosophy of the Frost School begins with a concern for the student as a whole person with many facets and many needs.
- The individual does not function in isolation. The young person is affected by a variety of forces, such as family, peer group, school, and community.
- His actions are not only self-impacting, but affect other people as well, including parents, siblings, peers, and the community in which he lives.
- When the young person is having problems at home, trouble may be manifested in the classroom.
- When having difficulties with school or peers, trouble may surface in the community or at home.
- The common bond of this entire interaction is the individual.
- The degree of difficulty may become so severe that the student can no longer function successfully or acceptably in one of these environments.
- Then, the most appropriate program is one which addresses every force and influence in the student's life, and which helps the student realize and change his/her negative impact on self and others.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RockvilleGrades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
- RockvilleGrades: 3-12 | 43 students
12301 Academy Way Ste B
Rockville, MD 20852
- WashingtonGrades: PK-12 | 154 students
5000 14th St Nw
Washington, DC 20011