The Grant Academy
Tel: (770) 926-7827
- The Grant Academy is a private school in Woodstock for students with learning differences.
- We will have grades 1-6 for the 2017-18 school years. We will add a grade every year until we go through 12th grade.
- The school has a low student-teacher ratio. All of our teachers are certified in special education and have experience in the field.
- Only the best teachers work at The Grant Academy.
- We believe in using a whole brain approach by utilizing kinesthic, audio, and visual learning techniques to help students learn better.
- In reading, the Orton-Gillingham method and Wilson Reading are utilized to help struggling readers.
- In math, we use Touch Math, which utilizes hands-on and visual learning.
- The Grant Academy is a STEM school and the students get emersed in math, science, and technology.
- The students get art and music every other day and PE daily. We believe in teaching the whole child.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning disabilities, ADHD, autism, intellectual disabilities, and other disabilities|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,600|
|Admissions Director||David Wright|
- The Grant Academy is a private school for students with learning differences. We believe in teaching to children at their level using a multisensory approach to learning. We have smaller classes with qualified teachers. In the right environment, all students can achieve success.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alpharetta Grades: 1-12 | 20 students
1090 Powers Place
Alpharetta, GA 30009
(404) 839-5910 12.3 1-12
- Alpharetta Grades: PK-12 | 40 students
225 Roswell Street
Alpharetta, GA 30009
(770) 772-4555 12.1 PK-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.