The Grant Academy
- The Grant Academy is a private school in Woodstock for students with learning differences.
- We will have grades 1-6 for the 2017-18 school years. We will add a grade every year until we go through 12th grade.
- The school has a low student-teacher ratio. All of our teachers are certified in special education and have experience in the field.
- Only the best teachers work at The Grant Academy.
- We believe in using a whole brain approach by utilizing kinesthic, audio, and visual learning techniques to help students learn better.
- In reading, the Orton-Gillingham method and Wilson Reading are utilized to help struggling readers.
- In math, we use Touch Math, which utilizes hands-on and visual learning.
- The Grant Academy is a STEM school and the students get emersed in math, science, and technology.
- The students get art and music every other day and PE daily. We believe in teaching the whole child.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning disabilities, ADHD, autism, intellectual disabilities, and other disabilities|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,600|
|Admissions Director||David Wright|
- The Grant Academy is a private school for students with learning differences. We believe in teaching to children at their level using a multisensory approach to learning. We have smaller classes with qualified teachers. In the right environment, all students can achieve success.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marietta Grades: K-12 | 51 students
1517 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30062
(770)971-4633 8.3 K-12
- Alpharetta Grades: 1-12 | 20 students
1090 Powers Place
Alpharetta, GA 30009
(404)839-5910 12.3 1-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.