The Growing Place
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (951) 686-8134
- The Growing Place is a place of childcare excellence, owned and operated by Theodora D. Speraw, MA. We are licensed by the State of California, Department of Public and Social Services, for children from six weeks old through twelve years old.
- The Growing Place was established in September of 1978. We started out in a home with five staff members and provided care for forty preschoolers.
- Since then, our program has grown to include an infant/toddler program and an extensive before and after school program.
- The Growing Place offers children an opportunity to grow in all developmental areas through a well-designed, integrated program of activities.
- We believe that as caregivers, consideration must be given to the "whole" child and how we can best meet those needs on an individual basis.
- The program components consist of an integration of many approaches to the teaching of specific skills. We want to keep children interested, focused, and challenged.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
The Growing Place is wonderful! My children are 18months and 3 years and have taken so well to the school. The staff is so friendly and caring. The toys, play areas and sleep cots are clean and everything always smells fresh. Not only is everything kept clean but when I pick up my children, they too are clean wish freshly washed hands. I recommend them to everyone I know. Thanks The Growing Place!
- Posted by Parent - Melin
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?