The Hebrew Academy
- The Hebrew Academy serves 196 students in grades Nursery/Preschool-8 and is a member of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools.
- The student:teacher of The Hebrew Academy is 8:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Jewish.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Linda Glickstein|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art4Kids, Basketball, Book Club, Early Childhood Dance, Glee Club, Group Piano, Journalism, Judaic Crafts, Kids in the Kitchen, Lego, Science Wizards, Spots Conditioning, Stories & Snacks, Track, Varsity & JV Cheer|
Club or Organization:
Debate Club, Play-doh, tae kwon do
- Transportation available from most areas including Staten Island! Only 20 minutes from the Outer Bridge Crossing!!SSDS will continue a series of new early childhood programs that reinforce the school`sreputation for academic and community excellence. The successful Toddler program invites 6-24 month olds to daily sessions that blend creative play and music within a nurturing setting that incorporates Jewish holidays and traditions.The growth of the entire SSDS Early Childhood Program is attributed to the school`scommitment to the development of the whole child. SSDS encourages its students to exploreand achieve expertise in a wide variety of enrichment activities both during the school dayand after school.."We announced in June at our Middle School Awards Ceremony that approximately 60% ofthe students in Grades 3-8, scored in the 95th percentile or above in at least one area on theirstandardized tests, and 70% scored above the 90th percentile. The National Percentile Rankcompares composite scores to determine how students rank against their peers across thecountry, "reported Yoti Yarhi.Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Monmouth County is a Toddler through Grade 8 Jewish Day School. Solomon Schechter Day School provides an educational environment in which children can explore and practice the richness of their American and Jewish traditions and develop the foundation for a meaningful identification with Judaism and the State of Israel.At Solomon Schechter Day School we are dedicated to the development of the unique potential within each child in a nurturing atmosphere. Hence, encouraging intellectual, social, ethical and spiritual growth.Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Monmouth County is committed to the goal of searching for the excellence in each of us.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sea Girt Grades: NS-8 | 220 students
2135 Highway 35
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
(732)449-4747 16 NS-8
- Asbury Park Grades: PK-12 | 751 students
1025 Deal Rd
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
(732)493-9300 11.9 PK-12
- Atlantic Highlands Grades: PK-K | 180 students
724 Kings Hwy East
Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716
(732)291-0056 11.6 PK-K
- Eatontown Grades: NS-12 | 705 students
235 Hope Road
Eatontown, NJ 07724
(732)542-4777 9.4 NS-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.