The Jefferson School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Jefferson School provides special education, mental health, and residential treatment services for children and adolescents with behavioral and emotional disabilities. Working closely with the students' families, services are provided which promote family strength and preservation. Students are assisted to reach their full potential and achieve an optimum quality of life. A continuum of services is provided compromising home-based and community-based programs, day treatment and intensive residential services. A hallmark of The Jefferson School is quality treatment which advances community presence, advocacy, education and research.
- The Jefferson School envisions high quality care and education for young people and their families.
- Quality care and education are individualized, compassionate, cost effective and are primarily responsive, to the needs of students, as well as other customers, payers, families, referrers and staff.
- We strive to provide service within the existing framework of family and community systems.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: K-6 | 40 students
11510 Falls Road
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 29-9 4603 32.4 K-6
- Frederick Grades: PK-12 | 237 students
5909 Jefferson Pike
Frederick, MD 21703
(301)663-8418 7.3 PK-12
- Williamsport Grades: 2-12 | 38 students
12146 Cedar Ridge Rd
Williamsport, MD 21795
(301)582-0282 19.2 2-12
- Mount Airy Grades: 6-11 | 16 students
17455 Old Frederick Rd
Mount Airy, MD 21771
(301)829-4730 25.4 6-11
This is a wonderful school full of caring, helpful, educated, knowledgeable staff. They offer a wide range of extracurricular activities, academic studies and have a beautiful facility with horses. You are truly lucky if your child gets into this school. I am so thankful for all the care my child has received here.
- Posted by Parent - jul
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.