The Jefferson School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Jefferson School provides special education, mental health, and residential treatment services for children and adolescents with behavioral and emotional disabilities. Working closely with the students' families, services are provided which promote family strength and preservation. Students are assisted to reach their full potential and achieve an optimum quality of life. A continuum of services is provided compromising home-based and community-based programs, day treatment and intensive residential services. A hallmark of The Jefferson School is quality treatment which advances community presence, advocacy, education and research.
- The Jefferson School envisions high quality care and education for young people and their families.
- Quality care and education are individualized, compassionate, cost effective and are primarily responsive, to the needs of students, as well as other customers, payers, families, referrers and staff.
- We strive to provide service within the existing framework of family and community systems.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frostburg Grades: 3-12 | 26 students
605 Salem Drive
Frostburg, MD 21532
(301)689-8176 81.9 3-12
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 16 students
3800 Frederick Ave
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410)233-1400 49.6 9-12
- Potomac Grades: K-6 | 40 students
11510 Falls Road
Potomac, MD 20854
(301)299-4603 32.4 K-6
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 93 students
6823 Old Pimlico Rd
Baltimore, MD 21209
(410)486-0006 49.2 9-12
This is a wonderful school full of caring, helpful, educated, knowledgeable staff. They offer a wide range of extracurricular activities, academic studies and have a beautiful facility with horses. You are truly lucky if your child gets into this school. I am so thankful for all the care my child has received here.
- Posted by Parent - jul
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.