The Jefferson School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Jefferson School provides special education, mental health, and residential treatment services for children and adolescents with behavioral and emotional disabilities. Working closely with the students' families, services are provided which promote family strength and preservation. Students are assisted to reach their full potential and achieve an optimum quality of life. A continuum of services is provided compromising home-based and community-based programs, day treatment and intensive residential services. A hallmark of The Jefferson School is quality treatment which advances community presence, advocacy, education and research.
- The Jefferson School envisions high quality care and education for young people and their families.
- Quality care and education are individualized, compassionate, cost effective and are primarily responsive, to the needs of students, as well as other customers, payers, families, referrers and staff.
- We strive to provide service within the existing framework of family and community systems.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frostburg Grades: 3-12 | 26 students
605 Salem Drive
Frostburg, MD 21532
(301)689-8176 81.9 3-12
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 16 students
3800 Frederick Ave
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410)233-1400 49.6 9-12
- Potomac Grades: K-6 | 40 students
11510 Falls Road
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 29-9 4603 32.4 K-6
- Silver Spring Grades: K-8 | 50 students
9545 Georgia Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301)588-8048 39.8 K-8
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 93 students
6823 Old Pimlico Rd
Baltimore, MD 21209
(410)486-0006 49.2 9-12
This is a wonderful school full of caring, helpful, educated, knowledgeable staff. They offer a wide range of extracurricular activities, academic studies and have a beautiful facility with horses. You are truly lucky if your child gets into this school. I am so thankful for all the care my child has received here.
- Posted by Parent - jul
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.