The Lang School
The Lang School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Coding Club, Culinary Club, Dungeons & Dragons, Homework Club, Math Club, Rubix Cube Club, Soccer Club, Table Tennis Club, Trans and Non-Binary Student Alliance, WWII Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Specialized 1:1 Music Classes
- The Lang School offers high potential, gifted, and twice exceptional (2E) students in grades K through 12 a child-centered, classroom-based, STEM- and STEAM-driven education informed by the ethics and poetics of the humanities. Our specially trained gifted and special education teachers differentiate both the content and delivery of our flexibly standards-based academics, so every student receives an education that fits.
- Curious young minds thrive here - perhaps for the first time - learning at their level with affinity and ability peers in small classes of no more than 12 to 15 students. For most people, the school years are about fitting in while adulthood is about standing out; for 2E children, standing out comes early. At Lang, through the nurturing of purpose, passion, and talent, exceptionality is not only recognized but celebrated.
- At the heart of everything we do is student talent development, which surfaces and stokes passions, provides structure and viability for big ideas, instills a sense of purpose and commitment, and, ultimately, develops gifts. Lang is an independent school that supportively seeds, sows, and grows the inspiration of tomorrow's innovators and thought leaders.
- Academics at The Lang School are based on our integrated curriculum, a paradigm shifting, cross-curricular framework that propels education beyond STEM- and STEAM-based programs. It posits the equal importance of these four major knowledge domains; that they are best explored in an integrated way; and that the skill sets emphasized by each exponentiate learning and discovery in the others. Perhaps most critically, our integrated curriculum restores at its core what STEM and STEAM have left behind: a critical, speculative lens 2,500 years in the making that brings values and ethics back into focus through the humanities, a domain defined not only by art (and the arts), but by history, philosophy, literature, language and linguistics. This integration is engineered by STEM, inspired by the arts, and driven by the humanities.
- Our menu of integrated and 1:1 empirically validated supports in education therapy, speech, OT, and counseling target academic strengths and challenges, - as well as social-emotional learning - evolving, shifting, and fading as your child develops self-regulated learning and increased independence.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Lang School cost?
The Lang School's tuition is approximately $86,250 for private students.
What is The Lang School's ranking?
The Lang School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for: Highest average SAT score and Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for The Lang School?
The application deadline for The Lang School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Lang School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards