The Laurel School
- The Laurel School serves students with learning differences and students who benefit from a small class size.
- In a community that nurtures mutual respect and compassion, we cultivate the academic potential of each child through multimodal, differentiated instruction.
- By teaching learning strategies, self advocacy skills, and social competence, The Laurel School prepares students for the next level of education.
- We believe that the key to academic, social and emotional growth is to recognize the whole child: who they are and how they learn.
- Our teachers develop specific strategies for learning and personal achievement by zeroing in on each child's unique abilities and learning style.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)|
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild/ Moderate Learning Differences|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$36,719|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Megan Rabbitt|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Class, Sport Club
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 250 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415)421-5219 3.4 NS-8
- Daly City Grades: NS-8 | 525 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
(650)756-3395 5.8 NS-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 255 students
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415)771-6600 3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 924 students
801 Silver Ave
San Francisco, CA 94134
(415)587-7256 4.5 NS-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 442 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415)731-4077 2.4 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.