The Laurel School
- The Laurel School serves students with learning differences and students who benefit from a small class size.
- In a community that nurtures mutual respect and compassion, we cultivate the academic potential of each child through multimodal, differentiated instruction.
- By teaching learning strategies, self advocacy skills, and social competence, The Laurel School prepares students for the next level of education.
- We believe that the key to academic, social and emotional growth is to recognize the whole child: who they are and how they learn.
- Our teachers develop specific strategies for learning and personal achievement by zeroing in on each child's unique abilities and learning style.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)|
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild/ Moderate Learning Differences|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$36,719|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Megan Rabbitt|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Class, Sport Club
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 250 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 421-5219 3.4 NS-8
- Daly City Grades: NS-8 | 525 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
(650) 756-3395 5.8 NS-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 882 students
801 Silver Ave
San Francisco, CA 94134
(415) 587-7256 4.5 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415) 731-4077 2.4 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?