The Laurel School
- The Laurel School serves students with learning differences and students who benefit from a small class size.
- In a community that nurtures mutual respect and compassion, we cultivate the academic potential of each child through multimodal, differentiated instruction.
- By teaching learning strategies, self advocacy skills, and social competence, The Laurel School prepares students for the next level of education.
- We believe that the key to academic, social and emotional growth is to recognize the whole child: who they are and how they learn.
- Our teachers develop specific strategies for learning and personal achievement by zeroing in on each child's unique abilities and learning style.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)|
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild/ Moderate Learning Differences|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,680|
|Tuition Notes||$225 extra fee for year|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Liana Miyamura|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Class, Sport Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Daly CityGrades: KG-8 | 465 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
- San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 247 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 391 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 408 students
2750 Jackson Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 273 students
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.