The Magellan School
- The Magellan Academy, chosen by parents in a recent survey to be the Best for Families Overall, the Best Childcare Centers, the Best Private School, and the Best Day Camp.
- At The Magellan Academy, we believe in coming together with you, the parents, to provide a unified approach to rearing your child(ren).
- Many times, children lead double lives, one at the childcare center, and the other at home.
- We strive to reinforce the values children learn from their parents at home.
- Our principles-based learning focuses on the moral aspect of life, so often missing from today's educational institutions, emphasizing love, empathy, honesty, responsibility, citizenship, and respect for oneself and others.
- We feel that it is so important for the foundations of leadership in the community and at home to be laid from a very early age.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 40 students
5032 Woodcrest Road
Jacksonville, FL 32205
(904)781-5400 0 PK-12
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 105 students
11915 Beach Blvd, Ste 101
Jacksonville, FL 32246
(904)637-0300 0 K-12
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 146 students
11915 Beach Blvd. Ste 101
Jacksonville, FL 32246
(904)674-0900 0 K-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 6-12 | 25 students
2967 Huffman Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32245
(904)642-2726 0 6-12
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 38 students
Po Box 26157
Jacksonville, FL 32226
(904)351-6610 0 K-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.