The Montessori School Of The Berkshires
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (413) 637-3662
- Montessori School Of The Berkshires' mission is to inspire children to develop independent thinking, self-assurance, inner discipline, and a love of learning in an authentic Montessori environment.
- We offer an individualized, child-centered pedagogy based on Dr. Maria Montessori's observations of child development, and refined over 100 years of practical application.
- The Montessori method emphasizes self-directed activity and independence on the part of the child, and observation and guidance on the part of the teacher.
- In Montessori schools, children are grouped in mixed-age classrooms, and the learning environment supports individual children's needs and developmental levels.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,475|
|Tuition Notes||Full time, full day tuition. With financial aid and part-time tuition, the range is $9,400-$17,475. Need based financial assistance is available.|
|Admissions Director||Kehr Davis|
- The Montessori School Of The Berkshires is an individualized, child centered educational approach based on Dr. Maria Montessoris observations of child development. The montessori method emphasizes self directed activity and independence on the part of the child, and observation and guidance on the part of the teacher. In montessori, the learning environment supports individual childrens needs and developmental levels.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lenox Grades: PK-12 | 67 students
259 Kemble St
Lenox, MA 01240
(413) 637-2474 2.8 PK-12
- Pittsfield Grades: 3-12 | 26 students
788 South St
Pittsfield, MA 01201
(413) 637-2834 2.8 3-12
- Pittsfield Grades: 9-12 | 212 students
492 Holmes Rd
Pittsfield, MA 01201
(413) 443-6401 3.7 9-12
The school is what every parent wants for their child. The building and grounds are lovely. The staff is upbeat and kind. The classrooms are full of light and space. With emphasis on community, nature and nurture, my children have thrived in such a setting. I had children who became anxious and sad at public schools. Montessori has revived their spirit. Patient guiding in the classroom, hour outside recess every day, gardening, cooking, community, this school sets the example what all schools should aim for.
- Posted by Parent - ElleV
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.