Berkshire Country Day School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (413) 637-0755
Berkshire Country Day School intentionally balances a comprehensive curriculum with the culture and spirit of the Berkshires. We blend challenge and creativity to provide an engaging educational environment for all grade levels.In the spirit of inquiry and discovery, students learn to be resourceful and responsible. In an atmosphere of mutual respect, students learn about community and caring for others.
Berkshire Country Day School is a place where each student can meet success as a 21st century learner.
Berkshire Country Day School is an independent school for 2-year-olds through ninth grade and is located on Route 183 in Stockbridge, Massachusetts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Range: Beginner Threes: $9,500.00 - Grade Eight: $29,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa Kruse|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, SoccerAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After Care Program, Amnesty International, Art Studio, Band, BCD Nature Explorers, Chamber Ensemble, Checkmate, Clay, Digital Photography, Environmental Club, Garage Band, Instrumental Lessons, Music Around the World, Service Learning, Steel Drums, Student Council, Theater|
- Berkshire Country Day School is thrilled to again be voted "Best Private School in the Berkshires" in 2018. We are grateful for the vote of confidence in what we do, and are extremely proud of that distinction--but it doesn't happen by accident. The School`s strong reputation for balancing a comprehensive, challenging curriculum with the culture and spirit of the Berkshires is the product exemplary teachers, a robust program that strengthens foundational skills, an emphasis on critical thinking and deeply involved projects, and a gorgeous 27-acre campus. BCD's unique blend of challenge and creativity is something you can't get elsewhere, and each child who attends benefits.
- We describe our school as "intentional, independent, and inspired." Our students enjoy small class sizes where each child student is known and appreciated for who they are. At BCD, we nurture wonder AND build skills.
- Additional highlights include our Reggio Emilia-inspired preschool, which celebrates our youngest children`s spirit of exploration and discovery; features like science classrooms and labs, a state-of-the-art library & learning commons, full-sized gym, music room, and foreign language instruction; and our outdoors, which offers additional learning spaces.
- BCD students come from a wide geographic area, attracted by our exceptional outcomes at each grade level. We offer bus service in Berkshire County, MA, and in Columbia County, NY, including a new route that originates in Hudson, NY. This new bus further connects families to our vibrant community and makes a BCD education more accessible for children in those areas.
- BCD`s intentional approach of inquiry, discovery, and discussion draws on proven methods and emerging best practices to best leverage the experiences and contributions of our entire school community. The best way to learn what our school can offer your child is to come for a visit, and we encourage you to contact our Admission Office to schedule a tour or register for one of our Open Houses.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakeville Grades: 9-12 | 612 students
11 Interlaken Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
(860) 435-3102 29.6 9-12
- Washington Grades: NS-12 | 896 students
3100 Macomb Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
(202) 243-1800 308.4 NS-12
- Miami Grades: PK-3 | 52 students
577 NE 107th Street
Miami, FL 33161
(305) 756-7733 1204.3 PK-3
- Miami Grades: PK-5 | 21 students
18690 Old Cutler Rd
Miami, FL 33157
(302) 278-2285 1225.2 PK-5
Our daughter enrolled at BCD this year as a 5th grader and we have had an extremely positive and supportive experience at BCD from the start! The campus and community is warm and welcoming. We were extremely impressed with the language, arts, music and extracurricular activities that are offered at BCD. It's as if the school were made for our daughter - she absolutely LOVES BCD, and the transition was virtually seamless. Enrolling at BCD has truly been the best thing we could have done for our daughter and our family.
- Posted by Parent - Christina
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.