The Oxford Academy
- Top Ranked CT School
- Grades: 8-12
- Enrollment: 48 students
- Yearly Tuition: $82,000
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 1 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Khaki pants, white or blue button-down shirt
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Book Club, Chess Club, Community Service Club, Mindfulness, Newspaper Club, Ox Outdoors, Oxford Nation, Photo Club, Sustain Environmental Club, Sustainability Club, The Career Paths Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Airsoft Intramural, Ski/Snowboard Club
- Located on the Connecticut Shoreline, Oxford is the original one-to-one top secondary, all boys, college preparatory independent boarding school. Established in 1906, we offer a class made up of one teacher, one student and a customized course of study. We created the Oxford Method inspired by Oxford and Cambridge University holistic model, including our signature classes. That means students drive learning in a direct partnership with their teachers. This is the most individualized learning available anywhere!
- At the core of our close-knit community are opportunities for our students to pursue their passions in our newly renovated dorms, innovation lab, and athletic center. Oxford's campus also extends to the local community where students enjoy walks to the beach, participating in the local performance theatre, or grabbing a bite to eat with friends. Weekend trips include concerts, sporting events, and museums.
- While most students come from the United States, 30 percent of our population are international representing 23 countries over the past several years. Our culturally diverse community empowers international students have adequate opportunity to practice English skills, and all students benefit from the cross-cultural exchange. Oxford Academy`s faculty of committed educators and its dedicated staff form a supportive and caring community with one goal: the success of each student.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Oxford Academy cost?
The Oxford Academy's tuition is approximately $82,000 for private students and $12,000 for summer students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Oxford Academy?
The acceptance rate of The Oxford Academy is 70%, which is higher than the national average of 68%.
Does The Oxford Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, The Oxford Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does The Oxford Academy offer?
The Oxford Academy offers 8 interscholastic sports: Archery, Basketball, Golf, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee and Weightlifting.
What is The Oxford Academy's ranking?
The Oxford Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for: Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for The Oxford Academy?
The application deadline for The Oxford Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Oxford Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards