- The Oxford Academy`s mission is to create a supportive learning community for young men built on the values of trust, respect and integrity.
- At the heart of the Oxford Method is the belief that students, in partnership with their teachers, will find success through increased self-awareness and strategic effort.
- In a boarding environment with a holistic approach, Oxford`s individualized education balances one-to-one and collaborative learning experiences that challenge each young man to reach his potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Human Geography, AP Statistics,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki pants, white or blue button-down shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$60,000|
|Tuition Notes||Need-Based Financial Aid Available|
|Admissions Director||David J. Tuttle|
|Admissions Associate||Tora Massey|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Soccer,
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Airsoft Intramural, Book Club, Community Service Club, Intramural Sports, Photo Club, Ski/Snowboard Club, Sustain Environmental Club Book Club, Photo Club, Airsoft Intramural,
Community Service Club,
Sustain Environmental Club,
- Oxford Academy is an independent boys boarding school established in 1906 to educate young men seeking an alternative to the traditional classroom approach. In Oxford's one-to-one classroom, each student benefits from his teacher's undivided attention. Through the Oxford Method of Individualized Instruction, our students gain self-confidence, attain academic success, and prepare for the future. For over 100 years, this method has made a positive impact on the lives of a wide variety of students.While most Oxford students come from the United States, a significant number (up to 30 percent) are international students representing some 20 countries over the past several years. Our goal is to achieve a diverse enrollment where international students have adequate opportunity to practice English skills, and all students benefit from the cross-cultural exchange. Oxford Academy`s faculty of committed educators and its dedicated staff form a supportive and caring community with one goal: the success of each student. With a rolling admissions policy, enrollment is open throughout the year as space is available.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HavenGrades: 9-12 | 622 students
24 Ricardo St
West Haven, CT 06516
OakdaleGrades: 8-12 | 100 students
45 Cottage Road
Oakdale, CT 06370
MiddletownGrades: 9-12 | 882 students
181 Randolph Rd
Middletown, CT 06457
Oxford Academy has been an amazing school for our son. He is thriving academically and personally, and is looking forward to graduating from high school and attending a competitive college. The one-on-one instruction, and opportunities available outside the classroom, have allowed him to gain confidence in his academic abilities as well as his athletic, artistic, and leadership skills. The quality of teaching is exceptional, as well as the academic advising and the college counseling. I can't recommend Oxford highly enough!
- Posted by Parent - krisc
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.