The Phoenix School
Our school uses the Salem Community, and beyond, as our campus, extending our classroom into the world around us, offering a rich and engaging curriculum and also giving back to our community. We often deliver food to Lifebridge, a homeless shelter in our city as one way to reach out and help in our community.
- The Phoenix School is a co-educational day school for students in preschool through 8th grade.
- The mission of The Phoenix School is to develop global citizens who are compassionate, creative, and technologically proficient individuals in a dynamic and interconnected world.
- Student, teachers, and parents of diverse backgrounds join together to integrate the knowledge, values, and leadership necessary for students to participate actively within their families and communities, now and into the future.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Students are expected to dress to learn.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $20400 for PK to $21800 ( includes travel study trip) for grades 5-8.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Leslie Levesque|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Swimming, Track and FieldIntramural Sports Only, Soccer,|
Swimming, Track and Field,
- Phoenix Kids Go Places! Students use the downtown Salem area as their campus and the world as their classroom. 89 Margin St. is home base but students discover that learning is everywhere as we utilize our community resources and connect with students all over the globe.
- Local partnerships with the Salem YMCA, the world-renowned Peabody Essex Museum, Creative Salem, Mayor's Office, and Raw Artworks in nearby Lynn, MA help to provide an engaging and real-world educational experience for our students, preparing them to learn and grow in any environment.
- Travel to Learn. Each year 5th-8th graders visit a placeas a group of excited and knowledgable learners. We have visited the reefs of Virgin Islands National Park, the caves of Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Everglades National Park, and many more.
- Connect to Learn. All of our students, beginning in PK, participate in global projects that engage their curiosity, teach them about other cultures and kids around the world. In recent projects we have connected with countires from 6 of our 7 continents!
- The Phoenix School is a co-educational day school for students in preschool through 8th grade. The school strives to develop caring, self-confident, inquisitive, competent individuals responsive to a changing, complex world. Students, teachers and parents of diverse backgrounds actively join together in an education compact committed to the acquisition of skills, knowledge and values necessary for accepting responsibility for their lives in today's and tomorrow's world and for assuming effective roles within their families and communities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BeverlyGrades: 6-12 | 164 students
35 Standley Street
Beverly, MA 01915
- LynnGrades: PK-8 | 348 students
28 Bowler St
Lynn, MA 01904
- AndoverGrades: PK-9 | 438 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
- ManchesterGrades: PK-8 | 374 students
One Brookwood Road
Manchester, MA 01944
- MarbleheadGrades: PK-8 | 247 students
75 W Shore Dr
Marblehead, MA 01945
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.