The Phoenix School
5.00 (1 review)
The Phoenix School Photo #2 - Our school uses the Salem Community, and beyond, as our campus, extending our classroom into the world around us, offering a rich and engaging curriculum and also giving back to our community. We often deliver food to Lifebridge, a homeless shelter in our city as one way to reach out and help in our community.
- The Phoenix School is a co-educational day school for students in preschool through 8th grade.
- The mission of The Phoenix School is to develop global citizens who are compassionate, creative, and technologically proficient individuals in a dynamic and interconnected world.
- Student, teachers, and parents of diverse backgrounds join together to integrate the knowledge, values, and leadership necessary for students to participate actively within their families and communities, now and into the future.
The Phoenix School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Students are expected to dress to learn.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $20400 for PK to $21800 ( includes travel study trip) for grades 5-8.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Leslie Levesque|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Swimming, Track and FieldIntramural Sports Only, Soccer,|
Swimming, Track and Field,
- Phoenix Kids Go Places! Students use the downtown Salem area as their campus and the world as their classroom. 89 Margin St. is home base but students discover that learning is everywhere as we utilize our community resources and connect with students all over the globe.
- Local partnerships with the Salem YMCA, the world-renowned Peabody Essex Museum, Creative Salem, Mayor's Office, and Raw Artworks in nearby Lynn, MA help to provide an engaging and real-world educational experience for our students, preparing them to learn and grow in any environment.
- Travel to Learn. Each year 5th-8th graders visit a placeas a group of excited and knowledgable learners. We have visited the reefs of Virgin Islands National Park, the caves of Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Everglades National Park, and many more.
- Connect to Learn. All of our students, beginning in PK, participate in global projects that engage their curiosity, teach them about other cultures and kids around the world. In recent projects we have connected with countires from 6 of our 7 continents!
- The Phoenix School is a co-educational day school for students in preschool through 8th grade. The school strives to develop caring, self-confident, inquisitive, competent individuals responsive to a changing, complex world. Students, teachers and parents of diverse backgrounds actively join together in an education compact committed to the acquisition of skills, knowledge and values necessary for accepting responsibility for their lives in today's and tomorrow's world and for assuming effective roles within their families and communities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beverly Grades: 6-12 | 153 students
35 Standley Street
Beverly, MA 01915
(978)927-8793 4.4 6-12
- Amesbury Grades: PK-12 | 152 students
4 Noel St.
Amesbury, MA 01913
(978)388-5354 23 PK-12
- Andover Grades: PK-9 | 439 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
(978)475-1197 14.4 PK-9
- Beverly Grades: PK-K | 58 students
80 Lothrop St
Beverly, MA 01915
(978)922-1868 2.3 PK-K
My son has been here for one year. The teachers are incredibly gifted and talented. Each student receives essentially a custom-designed education. They progress as fast as they learn. My son has some mild special needs which are accommodated here and are a good fit with the student body. This school is like a family -- it takes a village to raise a child, and that includes being partners with their educators. I highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - Melanie A.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.