The Pinecroft School
5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (508) 252-5502
- At Pinecroft, we believe in maximizing the potential of every student.
- Our K-5 elementary school guides children through their education with personalized and individualized lesson plans. Pinecroft`s small class sizes and highly trained staff provide the same quality as other private schools but at an affordable price.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,240|
|Tuition Notes||Our tuition is all-inclusive, with no added costs for books, field trips etc.|
|Admissions Director||Donna Pinto|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
on-site program such as Lego Engineering, Pinecroft School Track Team, Theater and Archery, YMCA-led
- The Pinecroft School education rests upon a dedication to the student as individual learner. In a tutelary spirit, we encourage our students to be resourceful, self-reliant thinkers who are able to work both independently and cooperatively with schoolmates.
- We provide a supportive and stimulating environment where students can explore and identify their individual talents and learning styles. Our students are encouraged to formulate their own ideas and answers in a place where achievement is measured by personal successes and advancement. Students are able to explore their potential selves in an accommodating environment where originality is celebrated. An atmosphere charged with possibility encourages students to take risks and challenge their own intellectual curiosity.
- Our low student teacher ratio enables our exemplary staff to deliver individualized attention to each child. Through direct teaching and self-directed exploration, students develop basic skills that become the foundation for a life-long mastery of the subject. We believe the elementary education should not only instill knowledge and develop skills but nurture a passion for learning.
- Classroom lessons and hands-on projects reach across the disciplines to provide integrated units of study which complement the curricula and academic materials. Class work is supplemented by various guest speakers, enrichment programs and stimulating field trips to provide an experiential dimension to the learning process.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rehoboth Grades: PK-8 | 74 students
24 Ralsie Rd
Rehoboth, MA 02769
(508) 252-3930 2.8 PK-8
- Fall River Grades: PK-8 | 72 students
618 Rock Street
Fall River, MA 02720
(508) 673-6767 13.7 PK-8
- Fall River Grades: PK-12 | 53 students
397 Bay St
Fall River, MA 02724
(508) 730-1735 14.5 PK-12
I couldn't have dreamed up a better school for my child! The staff is wonderful and so willing to give each child exactly what they need on an individual basis. I'm thrilled with the growth I've already seen in our short time here and cannot wait to see what the future holds!
- Posted by Parent - Cassie
My oldest graduated Pinecroft last year and loved her experience there. At Pinecroft, she gained confidence and flourished, socially and academically, due to the small class sizes and caring staff. I can not say enough good things about the Pinecroft school. There is a great sense of community. Our youngest daughter has been at the Pinecroft school for the past 4 years also. We highly recommend this school because of the individualized approach to teaching. If a child needs help in a certain subject, they get it. If they are advanced in a certain subject, the teachers work with them accordingly. There is a truly individualized learning aspect, low teacher/student ratio, and affordable tuition. Our decision to enroll our children at Pinecroft was one of the best we've ever made.
- Posted by Parent - Lui
My son has attended The Pinecroft School for the past 6 years (K through 5th grade). He is graduating this year. Placing him in Pinecroft was one of the best things my wife and I ever did for him. Pinecroft is small, with extremely small classes and the student teacher ratio is excellent (approx.8 students to one teacher). Additionally, there, your child is taught according to his or her ability, progress and skills. If you child's mathematical skills are two grades in advance of his age/grade, he will be taught as such. Donna Pinto and Mary King are some of the best teachers I have ever come across in my life, (I have 7 years of college and graduate school education). If I had any criticism of the school at all, it would be that the excessively coddle their students. Lastly, the tuition is very reasonable.
- Posted by Parent - brad.
Pinecroft School truly is a hidden gem. The teachers and staff are absolutely wonderful. Small class sizes, individualized education plans, the list goes on and on. They have fabulous art and music programs. Students start learning Spanish in kindergarten. My son is thriving and loves going to school everyday. Best decision we have ever made.
- Posted by Parent - shels
My son has been at The Pinecroft School for three years and the school, it's teachers, and staff are truly a gift to our family. My son thoroughly enjoys going to school and is happy with his friends and teachers. There is a low student teacher ratio which drew us to the school initially but the I can honestly say the school is like extended family and we are so grateful to have found it!
- Posted by Parent - sharl
The Pinecroft School is a special place. With two children currently enrolled, we were initially drawn to it for the low student- teacher ratio and the personalized learning plans for each student. What we have come to LOVE about Pinecroft are the invested and dedicated staff, the close-knit community, and the fostering of a true love of learning that I have not seem elsewhere. The Art, Music and Spanish programs are outstanding! The value of a Pinecroft education is unbeatable.
- Posted by Parent - ajkco
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.