The Valley School
- The Valley School was organized in 1970 to provide an educational alternative for students in the greater Flint area.
- The founders' priorities, which are still of major importance today, include low student-teacher ratio, acceleration for students where appropriate, strong emphasis on the arts, and an atmosphere of religious and ethnic tolerance.
- Valley has always worked hard to maintain a diverse student body racially, ethnically, socio-economically and geographically.
- This diversification has enriched Valley students, as they learn to work and play with people who are different from themselves.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grades|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Minka Owens|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
- Every Valley Student is...a scholar, an artist, an athlete, an independent thinker, a volunteer, an ambassador..... One of a Kind.You
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flint Grades: PK-8 | 216 students
2319 Bagley St
Flint, MI 48504
(810)235-5687 5.4 PK-8
- Flint Grades: NS-8 | 108 students
402 S Ballenger Hwy
Flint, MI 48532
(810)239-6733 4.8 NS-8
- Flint Grades: NS-8 | 239 students
G3139 Hogarth Avenue
Flint, MI 48532
(810)235-8572 3.5 NS-8
- Davison Grades: PK-12 | 230 students
7306 E Atherton Rd
Davison, MI 48423
(810)653-9661 10.7 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.