The Waldorf School Of Mendocino County
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The Waldorf School of Mendocino County is open to anyone who seeks our unique and time tested approach to education. Our small school is situated on a leafy campus that provides a safe and home-like atmosphere to help students get the most from their experience. We ask parents to make a commitment to help us achieve the superlative results from the potential in each of our students.
- The curriculum, using a broad range of artistic mediums to involve the child in the learning process, springs from a deep wisdom of child development. One only needs to spend time with some graduates of a fully implemented Waldorf curriculum to witness how human values and abilities manifest through this proven educational path.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$8,000.00 for Kindergarten. $10,000.00 for Grades. Flexible financial aid process available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rain Tenaqiya|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- Looking for the right education for your family can be enlightening, challenging, or frustrating. There are many options and many more opinions to consider when choosing this important long-term influence to your family's values. Finding the right 'fit' might be an immediate recognition or at the end of much thought and deliberation. Whatever the steps to the right decision, once made, the relation between school and family wants to grow and flourish so that the child feels held by adults who share common aims and values. Although one can make impressive claims, the proof is really in the 'fruits'. We encourage anyone seriously looking to bring human values to life in their family to visit and experience what happens daily, yearly and continually in the lives of those who participate in the independent Waldorf approach to education.
- People that viewed The Waldorf School Of Mendocino County also viewed these schools: Instilling Goodness / Developing Virtue Schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ukiah Grades: K-12 | 93 students
2001 Talmage Rd
Ukiah, CA 95482
(707)468-3896 8.4 K-12
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County is a truly special place for children! The teachers and administrative staff work tirelessly to provide a special, unique experience for children. The rich education, imbued with the arts, allows each child to unfold at their own pace in a beautiful manner. Please visit the school so you can personally experience the warm and caring environment that allows each child to blossom. Highly recommend!
- Posted by Administrator - Kelly B
I have been a parent of this school for 8+years. I have experienced many changes over the years. I`m very proud of the way the school continues to grow. This school is a home to nurturing creative independent thinking, protecting a childhood, and developing a human that can consciously move through this world with independence and confidence. I can`t say enough about the relationships that are created over time into a family of unconditional love and support well after your years on campus. Paying for private school can feeloverwhelming and impossible, but I can attest that it has payed dividends in my families life! Well worth it-Best investment we made!
- Posted by Parent - Tara Moratti
This school has been and is a wonderful place for my 2 children. They are happy, learning many different and fun things, being nourished from the inside out, and getting a quality waldorf education. We are small but we are committed!
- Posted by Parent - jami.
WSMC is a wonderful private Waldorf school. Very happy with my parent experience, and grateful to have this education option in the area.
- Posted by Parent - three
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.