The Waldorf School Of Mendocino County
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County is open to anyone who seeks our unique and time tested approach to education. Our small school is situated on a leafy campus that provides a safe and home-like atmosphere to help students get the most from their experience. We ask parents to make a commitment to help us achieve the superlative results from the potential in each of our students.
The curriculum, using a broad range of artistic mediums to involve the child in the learning process, springs from a deep wisdom of child development. One only needs to spend time with some graduates of a fully implemented Waldorf curriculum to witness how human values and abilities manifest through this proven educational path.
- School Type: Waldorf School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Flexible financial aid process available.
Emily Rose Smith
- Looking for the right education for your family can be enlightening, challenging, or frustrating. There are many options and many more opinions to consider when choosing this important long-term influence to your family's values. Finding the right 'fit' might be an immediate recognition or at the end of much thought and deliberation. Whatever the steps to the right decision, once made, the relation between school and family wants to grow and flourish so that the child feels held by adults who share common aims and values. Although one can make impressive claims, the proof is really in the 'fruits'. We encourage anyone seriously looking to bring human values to life in their family to visit and experience what happens daily, yearly and continually in the lives of those who participate in the independent Waldorf approach to education.
Profile last updated:
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County is a truly special place for children! The teachers and administrative staff work tirelessly to provide a special, unique experience for children. The rich education, imbued with the arts, allows each child to unfold at their own pace in a beautiful manner. Please visit the school so you can personally experience the warm and caring environment that allows each child to blossom. Highly recommend!
I have been a parent of this school for 8+years. I have experienced many changes over the years. I`m very proud of the way the school continues to grow. This school is a home to nurturing creative independent thinking, protecting a childhood, and developing a human that can consciously move through this world with independence and confidence. I can`t say enough about the relationships that are created over time into a family of unconditional love and support well after your years on campus. Paying for private school can feeloverwhelming and impossible, but I can attest that it has payed dividends in my families life! Well worth it-Best investment we made!
This school has been and is a wonderful place for my 2 children. They are happy, learning many different and fun things, being nourished from the inside out, and getting a quality waldorf education. We are small but we are committed!
WSMC is a wonderful private Waldorf school. Very happy with my parent experience, and grateful to have this education option in the area.
Endorse The Waldorf School Of Mendocino County. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.