The Waldorf School Of Mendocino County
The Waldorf School Of Mendocino County Photo #2 - Music and other arts are an integral part of a Waldorf education.
The Waldorf School Of Mendocino County Photo #4 - The families and friends of our school make up our community. The Waldorf School of Mendocino County just celebrated 50 years of learning!
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County is dedicated to cultivating the capacities of each child through a developmentally respectful education, based on the insights of scientist, philosopher, artist and educator, Rudolph Steiner.
- School Type: Waldorf School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Flexible financial aid process available.
- Our Early Childhood program is a warm and inviting space that is intentionally filled with natural materials that encourage imagination and creativity. The program follows daily and seasonal rhythms, fostering the development of the whole child by design. The use of structured, creative, and imaginative play lays the foundation for future academic success. Children develop social skills and creative thinking. Storytelling, puppet plays and nursery rhymes, as well as bread baking, soup making, and all-season outdoor play support language, math, and fine and gross motor skills.
- The academic program for Grades 1 through 8 emphasizes a wide spectrum of student growth and development. Classes are small in size and led by qualified teachers who provide individual attention to each student. Each grade is designed to provide a developmentally appropriate academic challenge. Work in the arts and extensive time in nature are integrated into the curriculum to engage a student's head, heart and hands.
Source: Verified school update
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County is a truly special place for children! The teachers and administrative staff work tirelessly to provide a special, unique experience for children. The rich education, imbued with the arts, allows each child to unfold at their own pace in a beautiful manner. Please visit the school so you can personally experience the warm and caring environment that allows each child to blossom. Highly recommend!
I have been a parent of this school for 8+years. I have experienced many changes over the years. I`m very proud of the way the school continues to grow. This school is a home to nurturing creative independent thinking, protecting a childhood, and developing a human that can consciously move through this world with independence and confidence. I can`t say enough about the relationships that are created over time into a family of unconditional love and support well after your years on campus. Paying for private school can feeloverwhelming and impossible, but I can attest that it has payed dividends in my families life! Well worth it-Best investment we made!
This school has been and is a wonderful place for my 2 children. They are happy, learning many different and fun things, being nourished from the inside out, and getting a quality waldorf education. We are small but we are committed!
WSMC is a wonderful private Waldorf school. Very happy with my parent experience, and grateful to have this education option in the area.
Endorse The Waldorf School Of Mendocino County. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.