The Waldorf School Of Orange County
5.00 (1 review)
The Waldorf School Of Orange County Photo #2 - Playgroup classrooms are a wonderful introduction to a Waldorf curriculum
The Waldorf School Of Orange County Photo #3 - "Play is the royal road to childhood happiness and adult brilliance"
The Waldorf School Of Orange County Photo #4 - A Waldorf classroom is a sanctuary honoring the notion that a child's play is her truest work.
The Waldorf School Of Orange County Photo #5 - The journey of a Waldorf School continues from 18 months to 18 years.
The Waldorf School Of Orange County Photo #6 - High School Cheer leads school spirit for basketball, soccer, volleyball, flag football and track & field.
- Serving students from 18 months to 18 years, WSOC is committed to providing academic excellence through awakening in our students genuine enthusiasm, an interest in the world, a love of learning and a sense of purpose in life.
- The Waldorf curriculum meets the student's age-related capacities and develops the student's initiative, creativity, critical-thinking and self-reliance.
- Our educational approach encourages balance, engaging the student cognitively, emotionally and actively across all disciplines.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||404 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||67 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 18 / Jan. 22 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range from pre-k through 12 grade is $13,750 - $19,925|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Linda Timmons|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Christian|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Sailing, Soccer, Surf Team, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Sailing,
Soccer, Surf Team,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir and Band, Orchestra
- Discover Waldorf EducationEarly Childhood through High SchoolWaldorf School of Orange County (WSOC) invites you to explore the Waldorf curriculum from early childhood through high school. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive education that engages the child cognitively, actively and emotionally. We recognize and welcome the unique gifts brought by each child we serve, encourage independent thinking and imagination, and foster a life-long love of learning.
- Based upon the teachings and insights of Rudolf Steiner, our age-appropriate curriculum fully integrates the disciplines of the humanities, science and math, movement, and the arts into a strong academic program. Within our school community and in our classrooms, our goal is to engage the mind, fire the imagination, and strengthen the will as students develop with initiative, creativity, and the skills to enter responsibly into an ever changing local and global community.
- WSOC has been helping families raise well-balanced, multi faceted and accomplished young people since 1988. Waldorf education is the fastest growing, nondenominational independent school system in the world, now with almost 1000 schools worldwide.Our outstanding and dedicated faculty has led WSOC to become one of the most respected and successful Waldorf schools in North America.
- People that viewed The Waldorf School Of Orange County also viewed these schools: Page Academy, Mariners Christian School, Carden Hall, Montessori Harbor Mesa School and Carden Conservatory Preschool, Elementary & Junior High School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Costa Mesa Grades: PK-8 | 260 students
657 Victoria Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949)642-0411 1 PK-8
- Huntington Beach Grades: PK-8 | 121 students
5702 Clark Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(714)840-5127 3.4 PK-8
I could not be happier with the education that my children have received at this school. The progressive educational philosophy meets them where they are and inspires them to keep learning well beyond what is required in the classroom. They learn to love learning. What could be better than that?!
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.