The Wesley School
- The Wesley School develops citizens and students by including community service and character development with its strong academic program.
- The enriched curriculum provides opportunities in the visual and performing arts, technology, athletics, and foreign language.
- Wesley is known for its small, inviting and friendly atmosphere that embraces family involvement.
- Students are well prepared for the area's best high schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniform of navy or khaki pants for boys and girls, plaid or khaki skirts for girls, polo shirt, sweatshirt,)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 20 / Apr. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,440|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition in the middle school averages about $3000 more to cover the cost of multi-day retreats, textbooks, and a greater selection of electives.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$11,900|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Verena Denove|
|Admissions Associate||Lindsey Drasin|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
and digital music grade 4-6, as well as choral music grades K-8, Visual and performing arts
- The Wesley School is an amazing place for children to learn and grow. The academic program is engaging and enriching and keeps learning interesting and enjoyable. The unparalleled sense of community that you feel when you visit campus is a result of committed faculty and parents working together to create a welcoming environment. We invite you to join us for an upcoming open house!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- South ParisGrades: K-12 | 43 students
10 E Main St
South Paris, ME 04281
- Los AngelesGrades: NS-8 | 270 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
- North HollywoodGrades: K-12 | 762 students
11230 Moorpark Street/11600 Magnolia Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91602
- Van NuysGrades: PK-8 | 362 students
15700 Sherman Way
Van Nuys, CA 91406
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.