- The Valley Schools is a prestigious learning institution for young people, pre-school through 8th grade, located in Van Nuys, california.
- We provide determined exposure to the tools of enlightenment in a disciplined, caring environment produces students who quickly learn how to learn.
- Our program is enriched by a wide range of cultural, social and extra-curricular activities designed to produce well-rounded young graduates.
- We offer students everything they can get in comparable schools ' but more of it, and better.
- Besides the courses you'd expect (reading, writing, math, history, science, art) we provide enhanced learning opportunities.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||362 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,730|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition and fees for the 2008ï¿½ 2009 school year is $7700 to $8730, depending on the grade level of your child.|
|Admissions Director||James Haddad|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Football, Golf, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Computer Club, Dance, Drama Workshop, Magic Class, Musical Instrument Lessons|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North HollywoodGrades: K-8 | 306 students
4832 Tujunga Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91601
- Sherman OaksGrades: PK-8 | 347 students
13368 Valleyheart Dr
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- NorthridgeGrades: PK-12 | 247 students
17100 Superior Street
Northridge, CA 91325
- Valley VillageGrades: PK-8 | 186 students
5243 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
- Valley VillageGrades: K-12 | 1106 students
4533 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
Excellent hidden gem in the valley. My son is in Valley School middle school. We came as a group to the middle school from a very academic public elementary school. We had many choices and got accepted to honors/SAS/magnet/charter public schools in the area and we had the option to go to other private schools. We are a very academic family and education is very important to us. Valley schools really offered what we needed in a small, cozy setting. It is academic, nurturing, small class size (no more than 18 kids in a class), great teachers, polite and nice kids. It offers everything we need. They recently renovated their gymnasium, and have redone the pool. Principal Haddad is extremely caring and really makes everyone feel like they are VIP. It is more affordable than many other private schools and it is definitely a step up, in my opinion from the public options that we have explored where there are over 35-40 kids in a class. Most of the kids that I had the pleasure to talk to during the tour have gone on to prestigious high schools in the area. They offer Spanish starting at the elementary level, computer science, art, a strong PE curriculum and a lot of after school enrichment classes. We are excited to be part of the valley school community.
- Posted by Parent - effie