Toluca 'crossroads' School Preschool & Kindergarte
- Toluca 'Crossroads' is a small, private school and childcare facility, founded some 35 years ago on the belief that the early years are of major importance to a child's overall development, physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
- Non-denominational, we aim for diversity. our children come in all sizes, shapes and colors, most of them by recommendation.
- We believe "There are many faiths, but the spirit is one, in me, in every man." We are developmentally oriented.
- "What we want to see is the child in pursuit of knowledge, not knowledge in pursuit of the child."We are a small school and not just a school, we are a way of life.
- Our primary focus is not solely on the academics, but also on a sense of values, values such as appreciation, consideration, tolerance and patience, compassion, truthfulness and respect, and self-discipline as well as self-worth.
- We are working hard to maintain a relaxed, flexible, inquisitive atmosphere with a curriculum serving those well who plan to go on to college prep-schools, but a curriculum also remembering that we are all better at one thing or other; as such we also do cater to the various talents of art, music, crafts.
- Feeling good about yourself is much more conducive to learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Hollywood Grades: K-8 | 324 students
4832 Tujunga Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818)508-4542 1 K-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.