Torah School Of Greater Washington
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 363 students
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Dark pants and polo shirt for boys and black skirts and long-sleeved shirts for girls
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Torah School of Greater Washington has been established to educate, motivate, challenge, and inspire Jewish children of all backgrounds without regard to race, color, country of origin, or sex. Our students are provided with a curriculum of excellence in both Judaic and secular studies which equips them with all the tools necessary to successfully continue their higher education. This includes a strong emphasis on the basics and on higher thinking and comprehension skills. Our youngsters develop pride as Jews and Americans and a strong love for Eretz Yisrael. The ambiance which permeates the Torah School is that of warmth and caring. Our outstanding staff members serve as role models whose main interest is what is best for each child. They understand that, as Hiam Ginott wrote, "Concerning a teacher's influence: I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It's my personal approach that creates the climate. It's my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated, and a child humanized or dehumanized."
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Torah School Of Greater Washington's ranking?
Torah School Of Greater Washington ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Torah School Of Greater Washington?
The application deadline for Torah School Of Greater Washington is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Torah School Of Greater Washington. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards