Tots-N-Us is a privately owned, family run nursery school and daycare center, with locations in Dutchess, Putnam and Orange counties in New York.
Tots-N-Us was established in 1982 with twelve children in Newburgh, New York.
Tots-N-Us then opened in 1984 in Hopewell Junction, New York with fifteen children, followed by the Patterson, New York school in 1988 with eight children.
Tots-N-Us now welcomes a combined total of over four hundred children, between the three locations, to our extended family each year.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 221 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Tots-N-Us is a licensed nursery school & daycare center. The most important goal of our early childhood curriculum is to help children become enthusiastic learners. This means encouraging children to be active and creative explorers who are not afraid to try out their ideas and to think on their own. Our goal is to help children become independent, self-confident, inquisitive learners. We're teaching them how to learn, not just in preschool, but all through their lives. We're allowing them to learn at their own pace and in the ways that are best for them. We're giving them good habits and attitudes, particularly a positive sense of themselves, which will make a difference throughout their lives.
Tots N Us is a remarkable school for children. When you walk in the doors you feel a real sense of belonging and "family". The teachers are very loving and supportive of the children as well as the parents. Tonya (the owner) is very approachable and interested in each child's progress. I am impressed at the wonderful arts and crafts my daughter brings home on a regular basis. There is cooking every week, singing and exercise, and weather permitting, daily outdoor play in a beautiful gated playground. In comparison to friends who's children attend other local Preschool programs, Tot's provides a high level of learning in a comfortable and loving atmosphere. My daughter never comes home bored...she is always beaming from ear to ear and eager to tell me about the things she has done each day. I always Joke that I would love if my daughter's teacher could be her teacher through her college years...but truthfully, that would be the nicest thing that could happen for her. I am so happy we chose Tots and have never second guessed our decision. The Tots experience is, in my opinion, the best experience you can offer your child.
Endorse Tots-N-US. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
December 16, 2021Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
December 15, 2021Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.