5.00 (1 review)
- Tots-N-Us is a privately owned, family run nursery school and daycare center, with locations in Dutchess, Putnam and Orange counties in New York.
- Tots-N-Us was established in 1982 with twelve children in Newburgh, New York.
- Tots-N-Us then opened in 1984 in Hopewell Junction, New York with fifteen children, followed by the Patterson, New York school in 1988 with eight children.
- Tots-N-Us now welcomes a combined total of over four hundred children, between the three locations, to our extended family each year.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||221 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Tots-N-Us is a licensed nursery school & daycare center. The most important goal of our early childhood curriculum is to help children become enthusiastic learners. This means encouraging children to be active and creative explorers who are not afraid to try out their ideas and to think on their own. Our goal is to help children become independent, self-confident, inquisitive learners. We're teaching them how to learn, not just in preschool, but all through their lives. We're allowing them to learn at their own pace and in the ways that are best for them. We're giving them good habits and attitudes, particularly a positive sense of themselves, which will make a difference throughout their lives.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hopewell Junction Grades: PK-6 | 238 students
2287 Route 52
Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
(845)227-9225 2.3 PK-6
- Wappingers Falls Grades: NS-K
50 Van Wyck Lane
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
(845)226-4799 2.3 NS-K
- Wappingers Falls Grades: NS-PK | 84 students
1574 Route 9
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
(845)296-1618 3.7 NS-PK
Tots N Us is a remarkable school for children. When you walk in the doors you feel a real sense of belonging and "family". The teachers are very loving and supportive of the children as well as the parents. Tonya (the owner) is very approachable and interested in each child's progress. I am impressed at the wonderful arts and crafts my daughter brings home on a regular basis. There is cooking every week, singing and exercise, and weather permitting, daily outdoor play in a beautiful gated playground. In comparison to friends who's children attend other local Preschool programs, Tot's provides a high level of learning in a comfortable and loving atmosphere. My daughter never comes home bored...she is always beaming from ear to ear and eager to tell me about the things she has done each day. I always Joke that I would love if my daughter's teacher could be her teacher through her college years...but truthfully, that would be the nicest thing that could happen for her. I am so happy we chose Tots and have never second guessed our decision. The Tots experience is, in my opinion, the best experience you can offer your child.
- Posted by Parent - pmrta
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.