Tots-N-Us is a privately owned, family run nursery school and daycare center, with locations in Dutchess, Putnam and Orange counties in New York.
Tots-N-Us was established in 1982 with twelve children in Newburgh, New York.
Tots-N-Us then opened in 1984 in Hopewell Junction, New York with fifteen children, followed by the Patterson, New York school in 1988 with eight children.
Tots-N-Us now welcomes a combined total of over four hundred children, between the three locations, to our extended family each year.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 221 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Tots-N-Us is a licensed nursery school & daycare center. The most important goal of our early childhood curriculum is to help children become enthusiastic learners. This means encouraging children to be active and creative explorers who are not afraid to try out their ideas and to think on their own. Our goal is to help children become independent, self-confident, inquisitive learners. We're teaching them how to learn, not just in preschool, but all through their lives. We're allowing them to learn at their own pace and in the ways that are best for them. We're giving them good habits and attitudes, particularly a positive sense of themselves, which will make a difference throughout their lives.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Tots-N-US?
The application deadline for Tots-N-US is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Tots N Us is a remarkable school for children. When you walk in the doors you feel a real sense of belonging and "family". The teachers are very loving and supportive of the children as well as the parents. Tonya (the owner) is very approachable and interested in each child's progress. I am impressed at the wonderful arts and crafts my daughter brings home on a regular basis. There is cooking every week, singing and exercise, and weather permitting, daily outdoor play in a beautiful gated playground. In comparison to friends who's children attend other local Preschool programs, Tot's provides a high level of learning in a comfortable and loving atmosphere. My daughter never comes home bored...she is always beaming from ear to ear and eager to tell me about the things she has done each day. I always Joke that I would love if my daughter's teacher could be her teacher through her college years...but truthfully, that would be the nicest thing that could happen for her. I am so happy we chose Tots and have never second guessed our decision. The Tots experience is, in my opinion, the best experience you can offer your child.
Endorse Tots-N-US. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.