Truckee Meadows School is a private, accredited school licensed by the Nevada Department of Education.
The school is located within Willow Springs Residential Treatment Center.
All school-aged children attend school and participate in educational activities as part of their overall therapeutic effort.
The grades range from 6th through 12th grade. GED courses and college prep studies are initiated with therapist and parent approval.
All teachers are licensed through the Nevada Department of Education.
Truckee Meadows School is proudly accredited by NCA CASI, NWAC, an accrediting division of COGNIA.
Our accreditation demonstrates our dedication to continuous improvement in all that we do.
We are committed to providing a safe and enriching learning environment to allow the students the opportunity to pursue their educational goals while undergoing treatment and focus on DBT skills.
School Philosophy: The School educational philosophy involves the students in learning to make responsible decisions about their lives and education.
The staff creates a positive and supportive learning environment to allow the students to achieve their individual educational goals.
Truckee Meadows Private School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Nevada for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 33%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Education Vision Statement:
- Willow Springs Center embraces lifelong learning through innovation, accountability and our unwavering commitment to Service Excellence
- EducationMission Statement:
- To serve the unique needs of every student in order that they maximize their full human potential and become productive citizens.School`s Vision:Truckee Meadows School Vision is to establish and maintain positive relationships involving student families, therapeutic staff, and community members. We desire to make responsive decisions that will have a positive impact for student lives, education and life-skills.School`s Mission:
- Truckee Meadows School`s mission is to involve students in learning how to make responsible decisions regarding their educational goals. Our primary goal is to establish a positive relationship with each student and match their educational needs to their present level of academic functioning. We will provide challenging and engaging curriculum that will support the efforts of each student to improve academic achievement and achieve his/her educational goals.
- School`s Strengths & Successful Practices:
- Truckee Meadows School is a private K-12 school licensed through the State of Nevada Department of Education.Truckee Meadows School is accredited through COGNIA.All of our teachers are licensed through the state of Nevada and many have obtained Masters degrees/special education credentials, and Highly Qualified status.We recognize the importance of special education and the use of differentiation and instructional accommodations. We prefer to hire teachers with both regular and special education degrees.We reach out to the originating school to match the educational needs of the student and/or use the school`s requirements to help students reach their graduation goals.We implement the curriculum from the Nevada Department of Education (NVACS) and/or utilize the learning platform and the curriculum from originating schools.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Truckee Meadows Private School's ranking?
Truckee Meadows Private School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Nevada for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Truckee Meadows Private School?
The application deadline for Truckee Meadows Private School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Truckee Meadows Private School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.