United Cerebral Palsy Transitional Learning
- For 60 years, United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) has been committed to change and progress for persons with disabilities.
- Founded in 1949, the national organization and its nationwide network of affiliates strive to ensure the inclusion of persons with disabilities in every facet of society from the Web to the workplace, from the classroom to the community.
- As one of the largest health charities in America, the mission of United Cerebral Palsy is to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with disabilities through an affiliate network.
- We strive to build a better world for tomorrow today.
- The backbone of United Cerebral Palsy is the services that are provided by our affiliates.
- UCP affiliates serve more than 176,000 children and adults with disabilities and their families every day.
- Our affiliates provide services such as housing, therapy, assistive technology training, early intervention programs, individual and family support, social and recreation programs, community living, state and local referrals, employment assistance and advocacy.
- Each affiliate offers a range of services tailored to its community's needs.
- The United Cerebral Palsy mission is to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with disabilities through an affiliate network.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: 5-12 | 228 students
1475 Nw 14th Avenue
Miami, FL 33125
(305)325-0470 0.1 5-12
- Miami Grades: PK-1 | 14 students
470 Nw 22nd Ave
Miami, FL 33125 1 PK-1
- Miami Grades: 1-6 | 420 students
1001 Sw 1st Street
Miami, FL 33130
(305)324-7322 1.1 1-6
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.