University Avenue KinderCare
- The teachers and staff here at University Avenue KinderCare are very passionate about educating and caring for children.
- Our staff comes from a variety of educational backgrounds which provides a unique opportunity for teachers to learn from each other and help each other with different ideas for educating our children.
- The majority of our teachers have Bachelor's degree, Associate's Degree, or their CDA (Child Development Associate) credential.
- We have teachers educated in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Child Development, and Psychology.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Welcome to the University Avenue KinderCare in Coon Rapids,
Minnesota! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and learn more
about all that our Early Childhood Education program has to offer.
At our KinderCare, we have built a strong community by taking pride
in the relationships we create through our daily
communication. Our center is designed for your child to learn
through play, so come in today to see first hand how the KinderCare
experience will give your child every advantage!
Our experts designed our classrooms, and every activity and lesson, to help prepare your child for success in school and beyond. With designated learning centers such as dramatic play and blocks in every classroom, children have the opportunity for rich social play and child-initiated discovery. Stop on in or give us a call. We would be glad to show you around and introduce you to our KinderCare family!
- We have many features at our center to help promote a safe
environment including keypad entry and fenced in playgrounds.
We also have a Health and Safety Coordinator, Ms. Nadia, on site.
She spends time each week checking our center and working with our
teachers to update them on new procedures to ensure our safety
standards are being met. We conduct monthly fire, disaster, and
tornado drills for all children and
teachers. Our teachers are trained in Pediatric First Aid
and Pediatric CPR, SIDS and Shaken Baby Syndrome, Universal
Precautions, Communicable Diseases, Summer Safety, along with a
number of other trainings that we complete at our monthly training
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Child care assistance, Naaccra, county assistance
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blaine Grades: NS-PK
10851 Jefferson St NE
Blaine, MN 55434
(763)757-8893 0.6 NS-PK
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-K | 39 students
11337 Flintwood Street NW
Minneapolis, MN 55448
(763)780-5111 0.8 PK-K
- Coon Rapids Grades: NS-PK
1800 Coon Rapids Blvd NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
(763)755-0010 2.3 NS-PK
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.